Hackers should be shot

sanctuary

Hackers have once again corrupted our web site and the host will not help to remove the trogan, so we have once again had to redo the club web site resulting in a change of addy to http://www.wyreboatangling.com/forum/portal.php

lets hope this is the last time as we lose must of the posts, although it can be a good thing as regards the rubbish I have posted

Guest jay_con

Too mant to--ers in the world. Id like to give them a beating with a very large stick. Some s--t tried to get my credit card details and ebay password this morning.

I got an email saying my ebay account had been suspended due to incorrect bank account details, and would be reinstated once i had sent my bank account details to them. I followed the link to send the details, it asked for my ebay name and password and then asked for my bank account details. Just as I was going to forward my details my firewall asked if i was sure i wanted to send the details. When i looked at the address they were going to it wasnt ebay which sounded alarm bells for me.

I didnt send the details and then informed ebay of what had happened. Ebay got back to me to say this was indeed attempted fraud and that they are investigating it.

I hate this type of crime cos ya cant really do anything about it. If someone tried to steel your credit card theres a good chance you could get hold of them and deliver a good right hook.

I say kill the fu--ers

Bang out of order. A smack in the chops is not enough. Slow and painful. Ragworm and a lobster in the underwear and tape the buggers in. That's just the starter.

Cannot understand what twisted pleasure hackers get. Proves that the little anoraks haven't got a life.

No doubt a virus will be flung to my PC now.

Westie.

If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that.

Visit My Photo Gallery

Not that I'm suggesting anyone here would do such a thing.

But all they must do is trwl sites and decide to totally fark up someone elses hard work at the press of a button. Makes Westie ANGRY. :mad:

Westie.

If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that.

Visit My Photo Gallery

the irony is that the term for the email you recieved is called "phishing"...

excuse the caps but

NEVER EVER EVER EVER SEND YOUR LOGON AND PASSWORD AND/OR CC DETAILS BACK TO A SITE EVEN IF YOU GET AN EMAIL ASKING YOU TO!!!!

if you lose your password it can be resent to you, if you want to change your CC details make sure that you do it by typing it into the usual URL, if your completely stuck do it over the phone...NEVER REPLY TO THESE EMAILS NO MATTER HOW OFFICIAL THEY LOOK !

Even to the trained eye they can look like the real thing.

Onto the trojan/hack subject...your host should remove the trojan if it is on their server. Explain to them that you can't remove it and that the fact that it is there in the first place is down to poor security at their end. They should have barriers against hack attempts, and if succesful they should certainly repair the damage.

sanctuary, I wouldn't moan too much if I were you.

At least its given you the chance to publicise your website, which 99% of the members on here had probably never heard of before.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

Guest jay_con

Dear Paypal valued member,

Due to concerns, for the safety and integrity of the paypal

account we have issued this warning message.

It has come to our attention that your account information needs

to be updated due to inactive members, frauds and spoof reports.

If you could please take 5-10 minutes out of your online experience and renew

your records you will not run into any future problems with the online service.

However, failure to update your records will result in account suspension

This notification expires on September 30, 2004.

Once you have updated your account records your paypal account

service will not be interrupted and will continue as normal.

Please follow the link below and login to your account

and renew your account information

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_login-run

Sincerely,

Paypal customer department!

Please do not reply to this e-mail. Mail sent to this address cannot be answered. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and choose the "Help" link in the footer of any page.

To receive email notifications in plain text instead of HTML, update your preferences here.

Guest jay_con

Hello eBay User, place or change your account information on file

eBay needs a correct information from you.

eBay requires correct credit card information in full each month on accounts with balances of $1.00 or greater and if your account becomes past due. We are unable to verify or authenticate your credit/debit card information on file with us. You have been pre-indefinitely suspended from eBay because credit cards information incorrect (credit card number, pin, expdate or cvv2 code). If you feel you have been suspended in error or want to appeal this decision by providing additional information, we offer you the ability to place or change the information you submit to us.

Important: In order to continue buying and selling, you must have a valid account information on file at eBay. Please update information in your eBay account now by click here and entering the new information yourself in your account. Or click to this link below :

http://signin.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayIASPI.dl...mDtry3sy2328XZe

Per the User Agreement, Section 9, we may immediately issue a warning, temporarily suspend, indefinitely suspend or terminate your membership and refuse to provide our services to you if we believe that your actions may cause financial loss or legal liability for you, our users or us. We may also take these actions if we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us. Due to the suspension of this account, please be advised you are prohibited from using eBay in any way. This includes the registering of a new account.

An email regarding this was sent to you at

Regards,

eBay SafeHarbor Team

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

eBay treats your personal information with the utmost care, and our Privacy Policy is designed to protect you and your information. eBay will never ask their users for personal information, such as bank accounts numbers, credit card numbers, pin numbers, passwords, or Social Security numbers in an email. For more information on how to protect your eBay password and your account, please visit User Account Protection.

This eBay notice was sent to jay_con@ntlworld.com based on your eBay account preferences and in accordance with our Privacy Policy. To change your notification preferences, please visit click here. If you would like to receive this email in text format, click here.

Copyright © 2004 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.

eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc.