Talon Reel Seat

arthurcodsbody

For those of you that hvent seen the reel up/reel down thread

This is the TALON reel seat full description below. I use this and can vouch for it. Holds the reel very stable can move the reel very quicly if required and adds absoloutly nothing to the butt diameter.

Below posted on behalf of Stan Massey

Made in UK and now available in two sizes. App. 24mm to 28mm (average surf rod). and a new smaller one for bass rods etc 24mm -20mm. Sizes approx. due to varying shrink wrap sizes. All metal parts are chrome plated brass. The loops which act as reel hoods are nylon with 600lb stainless steel trace cable inside. The trigger grip is detachable (tested it, about 25 secs). Also put one on a shrink wrapped spare blank, fitted an Abu 6000 and tightened. Then timed moving it from low to high position and re-tightened, took just under 15 seconds.

Not yet available everywhere but RRP is £14.99. I have a half dozen of both sizes on order from Conoflex (the selling agents) and they should be with me Friday this week. I can pass them on to AN members for £15.00 including postage on UK mainland. Should be about a two day delivery.

Talon is fully able to be dismantled and re-assembled within about 2 minutes to fit over existing blank so no need to remove butt caps, guides etc.

Obvioulsy fixed reel seats must be sawn off but anyone doing that can PM me for exact idea on how to do that safely, (takes under 5 mins without blank damage)

post-5686-1133819397_thumb.jpg

women love me, fish fear me!!

http://www.alba-rods.co.uk

Riverside Tackle SAC

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For those of you that hvent seen the reel up/reel down thread

This is the TALON reel seat full description below. I use this and can vouch for it. Holds the reel very stable can move the reel very quicly if required and adds absoloutly nothing to the butt diameter.

Below posted on behalf of Stan Massey

Made in UK and now available in two sizes. App. 24mm to 28mm (average surf rod). and a new smaller one for bass rods etc 24mm -20mm. Sizes approx. due to varying shrink wrap sizes. All metal parts are chrome plated brass. The loops which act as reel hoods are nylon with 600lb stainless steel trace cable inside. The trigger grip is detachable (tested it, about 25 secs). Also put one on a shrink wrapped spare blank, fitted an Abu 6000 and tightened. Then timed moving it from low to high position and re-tightened, took just under 15 seconds.

Not yet available everywhere but RRP is £14.99. I have a half dozen of both sizes on order from Conoflex (the selling agents) and they should be with me Friday this week. I can pass them on to AN members for £15.00 including postage on UK mainland. Should be about a two day delivery.

Talon is fully able to be dismantled and re-assembled within about 2 minutes to fit over existing blank so no need to remove butt caps, guides etc.

Obvioulsy fixed reel seats must be sawn off but anyone doing that can PM me for exact idea on how to do that safely, (takes under 5 mins without blank damage)

post-5686-1133819397_thumb.jpg

:D I was given one for review at the Shakespeare trade show. RRP £19.99 but most shops selling it for £14.99, it was invented down the road at Bournmouth over a year ago so south coast shops have had them for a while. Nice handy piece of kit at £15 inc. postage it's a steal. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone know any net shop selling them? I live in Norway, and need one for my new rough ground rod with crappy coasters.

Havengel,

If you cant find anything on the web I can get one over to you if you PM me with your details and size

Stan

Havengel,

If you cant find anything on the web I can get one over to you if you PM me with your details and size

Stan

:D Just had an e-mail from Mark at Alderney Angling, they're on his website, www.alderneyangling.com

for £13.50 +p+p, competitive. Reviewed in January's Sea Angling News, now out.:rolleyes:

• 2 months later...
Anyone know any net shop selling them? I live in Norway, and need one for my new rough ground rod with crappy coasters.

If you still don't have one, we have just launched our website, in which you can get one via phone order or paypal.

(I won't whore the website name here...but our company name is JAIA UK, so it shouldn't be hard to find via googlated methods ;) )

Nice to see some people abroad have heard of it though. If you don't mind...if anyone has one, any feedback would be great, because as mentioned before, we aren't a massive company, so our forms of feedback are usually either phone calls or the odd email.

Edited by JFFM

I purchased one last week, First class piece of Kit.

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

I purchased one last week, First class piece of Kit.

Good to hear :)

If you don't mind me asking, could you tell me where you got it? We have a bunch dotted around England and Scotland, and a couple of websites are distributing them, but we don't have too much coverage.