• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

most of em fish in puddles for minows.

Edited by sam-cox

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

I saw Top Gear last night , ( I'm going to swap me bike for one of them Bugatties) Jeremy Clarckeson reckons cows give off more green house immisions than a Range Rover.

Hello Jaffa

Although none of this disproves global warming through greenhouse gases, or the fact that stocks can be overfished Wurzel

I agree.

I would like to know the difference between overfishing and just fishing, when does fishing become over fishing?

Wurzel? do you think the remaining fleet is now so small and so tightly restricted it could have no impact on fish stocks ???? If so I guess the only worry is if the fleet break the law or global warming is the sole cause of what has happened.

I'm not sure, I see (FN) that a Peter Head pair team gross 2 million (I wonder how they done that with stocks so depleted) Haddock quota is a lot cheaper to buy or lease than dover sole.

It's probably a case of the fat cats getting fatter, the rest bail out.

Whats to stop that pair team showing up at Whitby?Is it possible to fish viable and have no impact on fish stocks.

Why should you worry if the fleet break the law, If the law was not such an ass they would not need to.

I still say global warming such as it is, is the main cause of the low recrutment of cod in recent years.

I do sence a change whether it's a blip or going to be long term I don't know, I remember saying on here last spring " lowest temps for 10 years, cod could have a better spawning season" now we are hearing of the best for ten years, With the wind constintly turning to the North thing weren't quite right for us all summer, things came better with a mild autumn, now with the wind back to the North and looking like it might stay there, if it keeps it up through to march it's going to get bloody chilly and if cod stocks don't pick up then I'll have to eat my words. Last week we did see the first sign of the tiny tids the Doc was on about.

I don't think things will change much further south unless we get a proper freeze up like 62-3 winter.

Winter

You say that your catches are 50% down compared to 10 years ago, are you referring to one particular year or do you mean every year previous to 10 years ago?

I fish to live and live to fish.

Guest Feels like Winter to me

Nearly every year except 2001 catches have decreased. Perhaps gives evidence to a peek and trough theory but the 2001 peek is still lower than the previous one, much lower infact. The trend does appear to be a downward one. Of course I am only 1 person in a big country. What is everyone elses experience.

Thats it blame the martians now binatoon.

:D

You lot do make me laugh sometimes.

Cluching at straws or what.

you and wuzel should be on stage together.

Bob you are right binitone is from mars and sometimes i get the feeling also that wurzul has marsian tendencies though he seems fairly human most of the time.

:lol::lol::lol:

But all joking aside there is good run of medium codlings this winter or there was liners did well last week but the fish have took off down to 2 stone a line now they cant make it pay at that rate. inside of three miles has been heaverly trawled this last week looks like its been cleaned up lets just hope it is only a blip and it picks up for the liners again. :P

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

RHB :P I dont go anywhere else :P I keep planning to go exploring farther up during daylight around staithes but the I never seem to make it :PI like it at RHB anyways you can look behind you and see civilisation at all times and only a short walk from the car :P and I always catch fish there :P

Skippy

So many questions so little time....