Uninsured Driver

blindog

Hello chesters, how are you mate?

Regardless of how the accident occured, If one of the two parties involved is not insured the accident is immiedaitley their fault as they should not be on the road. if they wouldn't have been there the collision wouldent have taken place.

Don't think it works like that. What about a drunk insured driver hitting a non-insured sober driver? Who wins that one?

Friend of mine, years ago, had her car hit by an uninsured driver. Despite the fact that us law-abiding insured drivers pay millions every year on top of our own insurance for this so-called 'fund', I understand that the terms 'blood' and 'stone' come into play if you actually need to recover any.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I've got a horrible feeling that I'm about to go through this myself.....I had a mega smash on Saturday afternoon. I was minding my own business slowly approaching a right hand bend in my Landrover when a mad woman in her Shogun driving much too fast for the greasy road conditions appears completely locked up and out of control and smashes into my off side corner. I was shunted off the road and onto a farmers gate/fencing. Anyhow, sitting in the police car when details come through on the radio for both vehicles.....no insurance details on the system for hers......

Plod tells me that the farmer has to claim off me for damage to his fencing as my vehicle caused the actual damage. I then have to claim off her.....stupid system :angry:

Paul

Plod tells me that the farmer has to claim off me for damage to his fencing as my vehicle caused the actual damage. I then have to claim off her.....stupid system :angry:

As long as you have comprehensive insurance your insurance company will probably deal with all of that for you - including the repairs to your vehicle. They will then go about recovering their costs from her.

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

The French have a good system for car insurance. You have an 'insurance disc' like our road tax disc. If your vignette is not displayed or is out of date you are in big trouble.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Guest Brumagem Phil

Moral of this tale is ALWAYS pay the bit extra for legal cover if its not already provided free.

I had an accident with an uninsured driver about 10 years ago and I got a cheque for my excess back a couple of years later as they chased him and screwed him through my legal services bit.

Also about 4 years ago a woman did a u-turn without looking and took the side out of my car.......she claimed every bloody excuse in the book as to why it was my fault and not hers! Took 2 years to get her to back down and admit liability but again my legal people were brilliant, and without them I'm convinced i'd have got nothing.

By the way chesters...lots of situations where running into the back of someone wouldnt be deemed your fault, someone pulling out of a side road or pulling into your braking space are prime examples and completely out of your control.

Car is a right off,and in the end he is getting £1500 thats only £100 less than he paid for it ,still lost a couple hundred on alloys and £100 excess as chesters said he did hit the other car from behind even if he had no lights ,wich he admited to the police.

Fell like i will give him a visit early in the New Year to talk this over :ph34r:;)

save-our-sharks member

SACN Member

SFSA Member

"Time is never wasted

When your wasted all the time

Nil Desperandum

Don't think it works like that. What about a drunk insured driver hitting a non-insured sober driver? Who wins that one?

Friend of mine, years ago, had her car hit by an uninsured driver. Despite the fact that us law-abiding insured drivers pay millions every year on top of our own insurance for this so-called 'fund', I understand that the terms 'blood' and 'stone' come into play if you actually need to recover any.

In that instance, I understand that if you are proven under the influance of alcohol whilst in charge of a motor vehicle, you have no insurance, Just a double nick, For YE OLDE BILL. :D

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!