Photo Of The Day.

Guest Ferret1959

Witch is at the r/h side duck at the left.

i see things like this when i'm driving and think to myself "oh didn't that look like a (whatever ) and by the time you look back you have driven on a few metres and the look is not there.

Cheers Fred

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

Aaaaahhhh! thanks for that Phil. For some reason we don't see many of them "up on the Downs"

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Guest Brumagem Phil
Aaaaahhhh! thanks for that Phil. For some reason we don't see many of them "up on the Downs"

Den

I thought it was odd to see him feeding away in broad daylight, so mentioned it to a friend who has more knowledge than me on wildlife. They said he was too small to survive the winter and the best hope he had was to be taken in and kept as a 'pet' over the winter and let go in the spring. I've since spent quite a bit of time reading stuff online and the little bugger is now a 'guest' in our living room and will remain so till the spring. He is only 100g but has an enormous apetite and is already losing his fear of us. I did see 2 of them initially so will keep checking over the coming days to see if the others need adopting for the winter.

Oh by the way, his name is................spike :-)

• 2 weeks later...