Photo Of The Day.

Guest Ferret1959

Ayjay, that's excellent, and just what I was looking for! Many thanks...!

SW, you're right, but I think a very small, simple border sometimes helps a photo to stand out from the background a bit. I wanted something very simple, and Ayjay's link has solved my problem!

Janet

Yep Janet, I agree, a thin line around can work very well, often defines the picture, however, its very rare for the 3 or 4mm lines to look anything more than a memorial notice. Then again, a very wide black border can look great hung on the wall, but best with a thin line around the picture, a white gap and then the heavy wide boarder. Obviously playing with colours is a good idea, black thin line, white then perhaps a deep magenta, or strong ocker, grey perhaps, I could even visualise rose pink in some situations? I'm sure you see the point. However, personally, I have always used as my bench mark, 'less is more', part of my training in graphic art, back in nineteen hundred and frozen to death :D . . . just my way. :rolleyes:

SW

Edited by Sutton Warrior

I know i am wet but let me in and i promise not to sit on the Sofa

012.jpg

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Am liking the last two photos :) Went for a stroll down to Tynemouth with the wife yesterday. Caught this guy trying to work out how to swallow the flatfish !!!! Was handheld on full zoom so not very sharp.

1-43.jpg

Was hoping for a decent sunset for a few shots but it did not happen :huh: Anyway here is Tynemouth Priory

2-29.jpg

Collingwoods Monument

3-25.jpg

Mouth of the Tyne

4-22.jpg

John

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

A spooky morning...

4077821795_8d3ec4c821_o.jpg

Janet

A cracking shot Janet,

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Am liking the last two photos :) Went for a stroll down to Tynemouth with the wife yesterday. Caught this guy trying to work out how to swallow the flatfish !!!! Was handheld on full zoom so not very sharp.

1-43.jpg

Was hoping for a decent sunset for a few shots but it did not happen :huh: Anyway here is Tynemouth Priory

2-29.jpg

Collingwoods Monument

3-25.jpg

Mouth of the Tyne

4-22.jpg

John

# 2 for me, i really like these old ruins.

Cheers Fred

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

Was driving past the mouth of the River Tyne this afternoon and noticed a large ship moving downstream. Nipped out of the car and took a couple of shots. Think it may have been a car transporter.

1-46.jpg

2-30.jpg

John

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy