Shockleader

arthurcodsbody

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this is the knot i use for a normal shockleader onto mono line...its called a windwire...used for wire normally but works very well for normal line...and casts very well due to the knots low profile.

Posted Image

however i use the albright that Jim found for braid to leader as the differences in diameter between braid and leader causes problems with the windwire method when retreving through the top eye.

[ 04. November 2004, 02:56 PM: Message edited by: gonefishingatwork ]

Jim!!

Funny you should mention the `Allbright` knot.

I`ve used it to tie 14lb mailine to 150lb mono leader for conger! The knot never failed, even though the leader was bitten through! Sadly, when everthing held together, no monsters were attatched to the business end. :rolleyes:

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

spasor:

Jim!!

Funny you should mention the `Allbright` knot.

I`ve used it to tie 14lb mailine to 150lb mono leader for conger! The knot never failed, even though the leader was bitten through! Sadly, when everthing held together, no monsters were attatched to the business end.     :rolleyes:    

Before I saw the allbright recommended on this forum, I allways used a blood knot. The allbright parted twice on me this year, once feathering and once striking a ginormous bite on the bottom about 120 yards out.

The blood knot gets in a bit of a mess when the lines differ a great deal, but it's never let me down.

Posted Image

I've got some 325lb mono if you want a few yards!

[ 05. November 2004, 06:54 AM: Message edited by: Jim Roper ]

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net