Microsoft Raw Image Thumbnailer And Viewer For Windows Xp

Steve Randles

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&DisplayLang=en

"Often likened to a ‘digital negative,’ a RAW image is the native image format for a growing number of quality digital cameras. RAW images typically contain the original camera sensor data recorded at the time of capture along with camera settings and other information. Using special PC software, photographers can “process” RAW images to vary the exposure, white balance, and other settings long after the image was captured. This creative flexibility and extra level of protection against mistakes are key reasons photographers choose to shoot RAW.

Because of the camera-specific nature of RAW files, they are not supported natively within Microsoft Windows. As a result, photographers shooting RAW have not been able to take advantage of the built-in features provided in Windows XP for viewing, organizing, and printing RAW photos--until now."

Good news if you shoot in RAW as you no longer have to boot up another application to view your images. I have RAW facility but still shoot in jpeg as I like the facility of being able to view my shots on the lcd screen, you cant view them if you shoot in RAW.

Steve

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

UPDATE:

Works a treat! Just installed this little addon and now RAW images open in Microsofts default viewing programme.

I'll give that a whirl later. I shoot in RAW with a Nikon 8800.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

poxy link ,downloaded the veiwer (slow at 33k) starting up the installer it then demanded access to download another 300k THEN started to download over 28MB ,i switched it off :angry: why do i need the .net upgrade :rolleyes:

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

works fine ,i just need a "local" veiwer so the .net "update" is unneeded.

any other raw veiwers out there ,my cam supports it but the software provided only converts it to tiff it doesent let me see the raw image itself :(

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I think you said you had Photoshop cs2?

If so, you can open RAW files in that, and import to photoshop as jpeg. But tiff is prob better to work with anyway, JPEG loses quality so tiff is superior. If its the first cs photoshop you need to download a plugin from the adobe site, same if your using the now older Photoshop7

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

cheers i will have a play ,psp7 doesent support raw :(

Hi Steve ..

Have been on the Adobe site and cannot find a RAW download for Photoshop 7.. The XP one works fine, but I'd like one in PS7. Any more info' ??? :huh::huh:

The Older I get .. The better I was.