Is Sea Angling A Dying Sport?

JB

Guest Feels like Winter to me

If the majority of skippers were like Mr cole then I wouldnt have any problems with an alliance. Unfortunately the majority seem to be like the dishonest honest ones - who would want an alliance with people who say we broke the law once and we will probably do it again - Very arrogant that!!!!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Winter

I heard a rumour today, that the cheque for quota bought by some of the Whitby men was made out to Manchester united FC, some thing for you to think on while you continue to condem those that got fined for not buying enough quota.

Happy bloody christmas to you as well Stavey, and every body eles on the forum, I hope you all have a fine time and a healthy new year.

I fish to live and live to fish.

Hello Winter

I heard a rumour today, that the cheque for quota bought by some of the Whitby men was made out to Manchester united FC, some thing for you to think on while you continue to condem those that got fined for not buying enough quota.

Happy bloody christmas to you as well Stavey, and every body eles on the forum, I hope you all have a fine time and a healthy new year.

Dont know what you would want me to say about that Wurzel. Would you be happier if the cheque was made out to the president of the nffo?

To me it dont matter who the cheque is made out to. The whole situation Stinks and so does people making huge amounts of money from a shared resource whilst denying the rest of us a share from that resource.

Happy bloody christmas to you too.

Alttle bird told me that manchester united hold the largest amount of cod quota in the country they were bying it all up like nobodys buisness a few years ago .

The goverment should draw it all back in which they can do at any time and re issue it to the people who really desere it that includes our friend wurzel.

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Im confused...Why would manchester united need cod quota?

Because the menhaden are being fished out!

See: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,5-1661292,00.html

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Im confused...Why would manchester united need cod quota?

Exacly! and why should fishermen be forced to buy it. now perhaps you will start to see our side of the story.

Leon

you never fail to amaze me with the information you dig up,

Tightlines for the new year.

I fish to live and live to fish.

Leon

you never fail to amaze me with the information you dig up,

Tightlines for the new year.

Ah! but wheras others just banter information amongst themselves, I try to use that information to make a difference Wurzel.

"Subject: Re: Menhaden Comments

Date: 28/07/2005 21:20:28 GMT Daylight Time

To: LEONROSK@aol.com

Thank you for your public comment on Addendum II to the Atlantic Menhaden FMP. Your comment will be included in the official record presented to the Atlantic Menhaden Management Board.

Nancy Wallace"

It's not just knowing, it's doing that will change things!

Happy New Year Wurzel, Have a good one :)

Tight Lines - leon

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Ah! but wheras others just banter information amongst themselves, I try to use that information to make a difference Wurzel.

Just had the very same conversation on the phone with BC. That is why Bass angling is on the up and cod angling is about to die. The Bass guys have people like Leon, Steve Pitts and Steve Coppollo to name but a few who say things in the right places to the right people. They raised money, placed adverts, gathered informtion, lobbeyed the politiceans, gave grief to Sea Angler magazine and most of all werent intimidated by commercial fishermen who told them to shut up.. The Cod anglers have a whole list of people who wont stand up and be counted. Not an attack on anyone but how many have even ever put pen to paper about the burning issues they have?? Too worried what will be said next time they go for a cheap pint in the fishermans club - Why bother the place smells of fish anyways.

Edited by Feels like Winter to me

Because the menhaden are being fished out!

See: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,5-1661292,00.html

Tight Lines - leon

Leon, thats one theory but its far from certain atm as I understand it. Other fishery biologists believe its an overabundance of stripers that is causing the problem. The RSA 's don't bother with small details like that though, blame the commercial menhaden fleet regardless, and set off on a media campaign against the evil commercials. I am less than enthusiatic at the thought of this happening in the UK one day.

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net