fox soft steel

rooney888

Just got some 12lb prologic xlnt camo though the post I havent used it yet but I am amazed at how supple it is its like a soft braid! It looks like it will make a briliant hooklength material too.

Edited by josh

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gotta be dawia sensor in the brown....truly awesome stuff...only one other line i'd use apart from that and thats the nash bullet use in for my river fishing in both uk and france when fishing in extreme snags as it has awesome abrasion resistance...but for my stillwater fishing the sensors casts well and copes well in the weedy lakes i fish

Ive never really 'got on' with sensor as a mainline (exelent hooklength) when ever i load it up it seems to get really coiled. But just about everyone loves it, so im sure its good but i cant work out whats wrong with mine. my 2 favorites are krystonite and xlnt camo. mind you i like krystonite and knowone else seems to like it!!!

Ive never really 'got on' with sensor as a mainline (exelent hooklength) when ever i load it up it seems to get really coiled. But just about everyone loves it, so im sure its good but i cant work out whats wrong with mine. my 2 favorites are krystonite and xlnt camo. mind you i like krystonite and knowone else seems to like it!!!

had problems with the krsyonite seems really brittle every spool my local shop sold was returned...how u spoolin up with sensor i never had any problems....i put mine in a bucket of warm water...the coiling can be caused by exessive use of baitrunner!!!!!!!????????

Edited by scoop

It's ironic...... I have never got on with Soft Steel - always felt it had too much memory and not such good abrasion resistance. Losing two decent fish due to line failures (and possibly my own incompetence) at Andrew Burgess's fish-in at Redditch was the final straw.

By comparison, I have had no problems at all with Krystonite, for which I am paying less than I was for Soft Steel. As for visibility, I am not convinced by the claims of the Kryston guys - it is certainly more visible in water than the Soft Steel. I seem to have much less of a memory issue with Krystonite, although that may be due to the way I spooled up.

Prior to last year I had used Pro Gold and had absolutely no problems with it. I changed for the sake of a change really. Other people I'd trust implicitly on fishing matters - Steve Burke in particular, recommended it http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/reviews/progold01.htm

and that was good enough for me. I will probably end up spooling my reels with Pro Gold 15lb and PowerPro this year, so I have an option between co-polymer and braid.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

I've used Pro Gold in 4.4lb, 8lb & 15lb. It's still my line of choice in the lighter breaking strains. However I found that the 15lb has a little too much memory for fishing open bail arm.

I've just got some 16lb Pro Clear and, although I've not used it yet, this doesn't seem to have so much memory. However, I'm not comparing like with like as, although it comes from the same distributor, it's rated differently and is equivalent to 12lb in Pro Gold and many other brands. The lighter the line of course, the less memory it has - all other things being equal.

I tried Krystonite in 8lb last summer and was disappointed with it. It wasn't supple and the problem got worse with use. I'd bought it for its sinking properties, but it was little better in this respect than Pro Gold. As for its lack of visibility - forget it - remember it's not pure fluorocarbon. It's a shame as it's the first-ever product from Kryston that I've not been able to recommend.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

If you are looking for a change try xlnt camo mono from prologic its really supple, ive got it in 12lb. though I havent had it long it has spooled up nice and makes a brilliant hooklength. Josh

For the record I have soft steel in 12lb on one reel (cheers jeepster, still using your line!!!!) and Esp on my other two reels and I would recomend both.

Never had and memory problems or breaks and both cast well.

I would recomend EVERYBODY to order a copy of The Tacklebox (dartford) catalogue.

They have done line tests with regards to stated Diameters and breaking strains which are eye opening.

The majority of lines break way over their claimed breaking strains and its interesting to see the dia's.

As I use a pole I use line dia's on pole rigs and can see all lines going down this road.

Ps most 12lb lines have a dia of 0.34mm and break at approx 17lb from what I can remember.

Kryston's line was one of the worst!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Guest Brumagem Phil

josh, you are not the only one to have coiling problems with daiwa sensor. I especially have problems with it when beachcasting.......for some reason, that technique really drives my line into curls so tight it looks like a spring!!!

You wanna try feeding that through a drennan piker! :(

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

I have been using Sensor all last year and it's been brilliant, but after getting 2 new 10K'S for Christmas, I have just spooled them up with Fox Soft Steel to give it a try, will be out on the bank in the morning with them for the first time.

But after reading this, have I made a mistake in the choice of line? but at least you get a spare spool with 10K'S and I have some spare sensor left, so will see how it goes.

Tight lines

Trevor