Idiot Anglers

Colin Brett

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at the eye of the lure it looks like it has mono hanging from it, is it more visable on the actual paper?

The dog owner is as reponcable as the angler who left the lure there, the law states "Dogs must be kept under control at all times while in a public place" and as the owner "lost sight of Smokey" he broke the law, not that its the dogs fault, but maybe the owner should not be asking for his money back but thanking his lucky stars that the dog did'nt wander across a road and got himself and a family killed!!!

Cheers

<º))))><.·´¯`·.ÐÅѸ.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

IPB Image

At last we agree on something!!!

All the best to you and yours Rabbit.

cheers

Tigger. :)

Cheers Tigger, just seen this, same back to you!!

:)

Oh by the way just so you think I am going soft, I had a slight dig at you on Terry T Shirts posting re roach. :( But all 'grist to the mill' as they say. Nice area you live Tigger, my Mum used to go to school over the 'straights'. I spent loads of time in school holidays at Colwyn Bay fishing off the pier :(

Cheers Tigger, just seen this, same back to you!!

:)

Oh by the way just so you think I am going soft, I had a slight dig at you on Terry T Shirts posting re roach. :( But all 'grist to the mill' as they say. Nice area you live Tigger, my Mum used to go to school over the 'straights'. I spent loads of time in school holidays at Colwyn Bay fishing off the pier :(

Yep it's a small world m8.

Tigger.

Happy new year to all,

ok just a little poser for you all, if it is "our" ( anglers) responsibility to clean up idiot, careless or unlucky anglers discarded tackle which i am sure the majority do, (maybe this is too simple), but should it not work that dog owners should be responsible for dogs mess and clean it up if it is not cleaned up by the owner ? after all the owner of the animal in leaving his/her pets mess is breaking the law, and i will always refuse to accept that an animal using my fishing gear as a toilet is NOT an inconvenience it is willful damage by the owner of the dog which by definition cannot be considered under control if the owner is in eyesight of the animal whilst it is P*****g or S******g on my tackle, and as such would dog owners like being asked for the cost of replacing the gear which has been soiled???? somehow I don't think so. and i am sure that somehow this would be twisted to lay the blame at the anglers feet and leave the dog and the owner blameless.

"We will sit down and discuss it, then decide that I was right in the first place" Brian Clough the best england manager we NEVER had

For the last time two wrongs dont make a right. Yes it is upsetting and wrong that a dog should use your tackle as a toilet but today fishing the cam I found a lure discarded by the side of the river. Needless to say I picked it up and packed it away(thank you whoever supplied me with the nice Rapala lure) but again I have to add that the swim I was in was a mess, I had to clear up other peoples dead bait wrappings, crisp packets, nightlight packets and this was on a club water. People walking their dogs past all the time, did I tred in one piece of dogs muck, nope. We have to look after our own business and stop trying to shift the blame onto others.

If you want to write about Dog Sh** might I suggest you go to Champdogs.co.uk and post something in there about dogs crapping on your fishing gear. I am sure that your rant will have far more effect amount the K9 community than the angling community.

JB123 I think you are assuming the lure was left by an angler, I will ask again, who of us know or mix with anglers that would do such an irresponsible thing? the problem is; anyone can purchase these items of fishing tackle...anyone! and anyone can purchase a dog, even irresponsible dog owners!, one thing is for sure all the dog crap that lines the banks of the Cam dropped out of a dogs arse, and the owners did not take the responsibility of cleaning it up FACT! another inescapable FACT for you, the injured dog would not have been hurt if it was muzzled and on a lead, I wrote in my earlier post that true anglers will take the wrap for this, but I for one refuse to, as is my right.

I am a match angler .....not an anti-Christ!!!]

Guest tigger
the injured dog would not have been hurt if it was muzzled and

Hang on a minuite m8, i agree that dogs should be on a lead and under control if there are people about but to start going to those extremes is "on top" and you are going too far with that statement.

Tigger.

Edited by tigger

Another inescapable FACT for you, the injured dog would not have been hurt if it was muzzled and on a lead, I wrote in my earlier post that true anglers will take the wrap for this, but I for one refuse to, as is my right.

So you are saying that you are not a true angler then?

Are you suggesting that someone bought the lure just to drop it by the river? If you are then you might want to get some drugs to treat that paranoia?

Why should all dogs be muzzled and on leads just because they have to answer the call of nature. Blame the owners not the dogs. Thats like saying all lure fishermen should use lures without hooks.

Look neither party is 100% perfect all I am saying is that as a community we can only look after one aspect of things, surely you must see that. This thread was started about anglers leaving gear behind, not dogs crapping everywhere, they have just as much right to use the river bank as we do, the last thing we need is to point the finger at someone else for our own problems.

I am not asking you to take the wrap for it. Just spread the importance of clearing up after ourselves.

I will ask you one last time, How do you know that lure was left by an angler? show me some proof.

If you wish to take responsibility for this act of vandalism ,fine ,go ahead, I am TELLING you no responsible ,true angler would do such a thing, or do you know some that would?

Years ago we were blamed for killing swans with lead shot, we rolled over easily and it was banned, and yet true anglers were totally innocent of the crime, I would much rather we stuck together on this and pointed the finger at the true culprits, people that steal or borrow fishing gear and use it with no idea or concept of our fine sport/pastime, they do not bother with a fishing licence and do not care what damage they cause in the process, you and I know these people exist, and I will not be tarred with the same brush as that scum, if you wish to be, then that is your prerogative.

I am a match angler .....not an anti-Christ!!!]