Razors

Spur-Hound

Hi Folks,

Ive just been tipped off where i ave a good suply of razors close at hand,

The guy i was speaking to told me how 2 get them but i didnt quite understand him

He said something about "salting" for them. ANy body know how exactly to get them,

All i understood was that you walk, and you see them spurting water out a hole, then you sprinkle salt over the burrow and they pop up, Can some1 explain hpow its done, I need at least some fresh bait for winter since my makkies got ruined :)

Ta

Tight Lines

Shaun

the salt method dont always work...

i found it a lot easyer to walk slowly forwards

until one spurts out water then dig like a crazy man....they are quick at shooting back into there burrows.

on a warm muggy night they often just stick out of the sand like carotts, then its a case of sneaking up to them and grabing them

dont pull to hard tho as you will pull of the foot

hope this helps

macky

Just take a container of table salt - if you walk over the sand when you see the spurt hole pour some salt in they then pop up within a minute - no need for digging :)

Usually they are faily well down the tide line - so choose the tide careully

Guest gus angus

another way, is to make up a very very salty solution and fill a squeezy bottle and squirt some down the hole, dry salt sticks to the edge and does'nt get down to the razor. good luck, and if you get too many freeze them for later, oh! and don.t pull too hard when getting them out of the hole or you'll snap them off.

not off our beaches argyll, unless you want to grow an extra ear or sprout breasts

one of the beaches where i used to get them on huge tides was always covered in george the thirds, wee mice and old R.J's :rolleyes:

good razors and whites til the geordies moved in :rolleyes:

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

WalkingPinhead.gif