New Year's Resolution

Elton

Just before I pop out to a party and before I have a drink, I feel that I need to post this to the sea forum...

My New Year resolution has got to be to sort this sea fishing forum out, I'm afraid.

After a promising start to 2005, which saw it grow to be the busiest one on the site, it is such a shame that it's fallen so dramatically from grace.

We get more reported posts in this forum every week than we get in all the others in the course of a year.

I get more behind the scenes hassle from this forum than, well, than I get from the wife.

I have had more people quit this site altogether in the latter part of 2005 than I care to think of. It's taken years of toil to get Anglers' Net to be one of the sites that anglers on the 'net flock to - it's taken a few weeks of stirring, in-fighting, backstabbing, feuding and whinging to undo most of that work.

What's more, my good friends that are my moderators have had enough. Who can blame them?

99% of you reading this are probably scratching your heads wondering what I'm going on about. That's because it isn't down to you. The other 1% know exactly what I mean.

I don't want to split the forums into politics, conservation and actual fishing, but it's heading that way.

So, why post this tonight, when everyone's in party mood and up for a celebration?

Because I want to see the back of 2005 as quickly as possible and for 2006 see the start of a new era, that's why.

None of us can turn back time, but all of us can affect the history that will be written tomorrow. Err, man.

All the best for 2006.

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just before I pop out to a party and before I have a drink, I feel that I need to post this to the sea forum...

My New Year resolution has got to be to sort this sea fishing forum out, I'm afraid.

After a promising start to 2005, which saw it grow to be the busiest one on the site, it is such a shame that it's fallen so dramatically from grace.

We get more reported posts in this forum every week than we get in all the others in the course of a year.

I get more behind the scenes hassle from this forum than, well, than I get from the wife.

I have had more people quit this site altogether in the latter part of 2005 than I care to think of. It's taken years of toil to get Anglers' Net to be one of the sites that anglers on the 'net flock to - it's taken a few weeks of stirring, in-fighting, backstabbing, feuding and whinging to undo most of that work.

What's more, my good friends that are my moderators have had enough. Who can blame them?

99% of you reading this are probably scratching your heads wondering what I'm going on about. That's because it isn't down to you. The other 1% know exactly what I mean.

I don't want to split the forums into politics, conservation and actual fishing, but it's heading that way.

So, why post this tonight, when everyone's in party mood and up for a celebration?

Because I want to see the back of 2005 as quickly as possible and for 2006 see the start of a new era, that's why.

None of us can turn back time, but all of us can affect the history that will be written tomorrow. Err, man.

All the best for 2006.

Elton

Well said. I look forward to continuing to read and contribute to the "Fishing" part of the forum.

Cheers!

:)

Guest @Winter@

I look forward to contributing to the fishing forum and the new politics forum. If allowed to do so as 1 of the 1%.

I was reading NESA and they split the forums in a similer way and it appears to work there. Although as its your site I think Elton you will alrerady know that.

Who was it that quit?

Happy new year to you and hope 2006 proves to be better than 2005

Edited by @Winter@

Guest @Winter@

Seems this ones dieing a death anyway allegedly. Nothing I had noticed but appears there is a lot of complaints and lots of the regulers left - The old clique members I guess. Perhaps they may ban the 1% and leave the rest to discuss rocklings and pilchard oil - the same people will probably get upset about that and say that cod liver oil is better than pilchard oil or someone dared to disagree that braid is better than a copolymer mono for shore fishing.

Edited by @Winter@

I've seen good forums die a death when the owners have split them into too many categories.

The Future?

14 Categories

51 Forums

http://s11.invisionfree.com/Angling_North_East/index.php

(And they don't have a Kayak Forum!!)

Tight Lines - leon

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

The Future?

14 Categories

51 Forums

http://s11.invisionfree.com/Angling_North_East/index.php

(And they don't have a Kayak Forum!!)

Tight Lines - leon

If you look at the dates of the last posts on all those different boards you'll see what I mean. Some of the categories go days and weeks without any new posts so people get fed up with looking and in the end stop bothering altogether.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Guest @Winter@

But I think were talking of splitting in 2 not seperate forums for weather, sea state, cooking fish with cheese etc, how to use pilchard oil correctly and how not to fall out with anyone ever.