New Year's Resolution

Elton

Just before I pop out to a party and before I have a drink, I feel that I need to post this to the sea forum...

My New Year resolution has got to be to sort this sea fishing forum out, I'm afraid.

After a promising start to 2005, which saw it grow to be the busiest one on the site, it is such a shame that it's fallen so dramatically from grace.

We get more reported posts in this forum every week than we get in all the others in the course of a year.

I get more behind the scenes hassle from this forum than, well, than I get from the wife.

I have had more people quit this site altogether in the latter part of 2005 than I care to think of. It's taken years of toil to get Anglers' Net to be one of the sites that anglers on the 'net flock to - it's taken a few weeks of stirring, in-fighting, backstabbing, feuding and whinging to undo most of that work.

What's more, my good friends that are my moderators have had enough. Who can blame them?

99% of you reading this are probably scratching your heads wondering what I'm going on about. That's because it isn't down to you. The other 1% know exactly what I mean.

I don't want to split the forums into politics, conservation and actual fishing, but it's heading that way.

So, why post this tonight, when everyone's in party mood and up for a celebration?

Because I want to see the back of 2005 as quickly as possible and for 2006 see the start of a new era, that's why.

None of us can turn back time, but all of us can affect the history that will be written tomorrow. Err, man.

All the best for 2006.

Elton

As its your forum elton, you will do what you will do and rightly so i will obide by the rules you set out (as long as these are made perfectly clear) and look forward to 2006 in an hours time with optomism (did i just say that :lol: ) happy new year to you and everyone here........

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems this ones dieing a death anyway allegedly. Nothing I had noticed but appears there is a lot of complaints and lots of the regulers left - The old clique members I guess. Perhaps they may ban the 1% and leave the rest to discuss rocklings and pilchard oil - the same people will probably get upset about that and say that cod liver oil is better than pilchard oil or someone dared to disagree that braid is better than a copolymer mono for shore fishing.

It would be okay if the politics stick with the correct threads, but when someone hi-jacks a long running thread on fishing and turns it into a battlefield the original posters are going to get upset.

Now I made a post today about a blown out washed out session which only saw me catch three little whiting.

I could name but won't half a dozen people who would say:

a) you can't catch whats not there.

B) total waste of money and time.

and so on.

The truth is I enjoyed my day, the elements could have been kinder and I am sure if they had been my total would have been a lot better.

I learnt a lot about a mark that I was fishing for the second time and it would be grossly unfair of me to expect any great results with so little knowledge of the mark.

What I am trying to say and possibly very badly, was I enjoyed the day and did not begrudge the loss of dignity and it would be wrong of others to pour scorn on my efforts and those of other anglers who make regular post of lots of good fishing and a little bit of catching. ;)

I would like to thank everyone on this forum for a great year, I have learnt a lot and have a lot more to learn.

I wish everyone a very happy and successful New Year

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

All the best boss well fooked now :)

Thankks for making it al possible and I promise you I cannot change at this stage of the play! what you see is what you get :o

FOOOOOk nearly fell off th3e tjingy :)

All the best for 2006 the whole squad :)

Last toast to ALAN TAYLOR cheers al

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

I couldn't find the locked topics!

I couldn't find the locked topics!

Just realised you have to try to reply to a topic to find out it is locked.

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Guest @Winter@

how many people did say it though ken?

Jim look for a little red cross at the side of the topic m8.

All the best to you all and thanks to snatcher for keeping me constantly amused in the darker moments.

how many people did say it though ken?

One or two main contenders give a "Here's your starter for ten" ;):D

And a regular half dozen looking for points. :D

Then in jump the refs :D ME being one of those :rolleyes::D

Conclusion: Yet another thread screwed :D

I am sure 99.9% is not malicious, it's just the kids with the box of choccies thing :D

If your wondering why I am cruising at this time of the morning my daughter and her intended (If he lives to see the day) have just woke me up. 0335hrs :angry:

Happy New Year to ALL once again :D

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

The reason that the Conservation/Politics supporters don't want seperate Forums, is that they will lose a potential audience.

The Conservation/Politics threads are often titled misleadingly (deliberately ?) and they take every opportunity to hijack other Fishing threads.

Before the last general Election, the whole of Anglers Net was nearly turned into a Labour Party Political Broadcast. :rolleyes:

Give them their own Forum and we then have a real choice of reading about Conservation/Politics, or not.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

Jim look for a little red cross at the side of the topic m8.

I see! You're obviously an expert on locked threads! :D

Before the last general Election, the whole of Anglers Net was nearly turned into a Labour Party Political Broadcast. :rolleyes:

Don't hear much mention of sleaze lately, do we!

:D

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

After a promising start to 2005, which saw it grow to be the busiest one on the site, it is such a shame that it's fallen so dramatically from grace.

It must be me.......I am a forum Jonah! ....... or is it just coincidence that the forum nosed dived since I arrived :unsure:

I think I'm kind of in agreement with Ken. I have no problems with conservation or politics being discussed, but like Ken, I am starting to find it frustrating that general topics are being hijacked. The same old bleating from the same old faces gets a bit tedious too. If you can't bring anything new to a discussion don't bother.

As the main commercial poster I could bugger off and let you all be happy in your ignorance, it's easy to make comments and argue with a bunch of like minded people, save Elton a lot of work.

I fish to live and live to fish.