New Year's Resolution

Elton

Guest @Winter@

I wonder if things would be different here. There are a definate number of posters very interested in the politics issues and this is where I think there may be a difference to the other forums. I have posted some conservation type threads on a few forums and the responses were quite unbelieveable especially in the north east Forums. I'm of the opinion northerners dont care a hoot what happens and are happy catching nothing and only fish to get away from the wife (why not divorce her??? or buy a dog). A lot of the people here: Steve, Stavey, Leon, Doc, sam and bob to name but a few, are very interested in the subject and I think would continue to be whereever the things were posted. If you moved to a sepearte area Would you all still contribute??? I have a feeling it would be people wanting to discuss pilchard oil who would be complaining about a lack of company.

CT I think a lot of the Bogus names are already amongst us m8. My new policy is to ignore them. They are so very transparent although others dont seem to care a t££*. Im certain 1 person has 3 current Identities and at least 1 other unused at present.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking,

if I started gill netting the river severn for pike with a by catch of barble and bream, would the course fishing forum need more attention from Elton.

I fish to live and live to fish.

I was thinking,

if I started gill netting the river severn for pike with a by catch of barble and bream, would the course fishing forum need more attention from Elton.

It would if you posted on the freshwater forum and told them :D

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

I think we should avoid certain topics, and concentrate on pure sea angling in all it's forms.

Things to avoid.

Commercial fishermen, and how they operate. We know all about the problems, we can't solve the problems. Concentrate on fishing with the fish stocks that we have. Leave the rest to Greenpeace.

Politics. Nothing to do with how to catch a nice Bass this year. Join a political forum.

Personal coded messages to the 'in crowd'. Use e-mail, it's not interesting to the reat of us.

Being rude when you don't agree with someone. We all have our on ideas, it's a free country. Chill out.

Posts designed to provoke others, ie. a dead 1000lb marlin.

Mind your own business when an angler wants to eat a fish. It won't make a difference. Watch a film of a trawlers net coming up, and think again.

Absolutely no swearing or foul language and insults. You only make yourself look uneducated and small minded. We need youngsters to join in. We need to set an example.

How about renaming the forum to ' Sea Angling', as Sea fishing includes everything.

Anyone think of any more?

As the main commercial poster I could bugger off and let you all be happy in your ignorance, it's easy to make comments and argue with a bunch of like minded people, save Elton a lot of work.

Yes wurzel, and you could take the word 'bugger' with you.

Edited by maidstonemike

Guest NickInTheNorth

I guess one thing which people have not done enough of in the past is use the "ignore" feature.

If anyone cannot resist biting when a particular poster dangles a bait then for the sake of everyone ignore them totally by adding to your ignore list. If you don't see what they are saying then you are not going to rise to it.

Other than that, we all need to understand that we all have different experiences and different opinions. Accept that or again ignore those posters opinions that you cannot help but rise to.

I'm sure that we can find more common ground than grounds for the petty sniping and bitching that has gone on recently.

I think we should avoid certain topics, and concentrate on pure sea angling in all it's forms.

Things to avoid.

Commercial fishermen, and how they operate. We know all about the problems, we can't solve the problems. Concentrate on fishing with the fish stocks that we have. Leave the rest to Greenpeace.

Politics. Nothing to do with how to catch a nice Bass this year. Join a political forum.

Personal coded messages to the 'in crowd'. Use e-mail, it's not interesting to the reat of us.

Being rude when you don't agree with someone. We all have our on ideas, it's a free country. Chill out.

Posts designed to provoke others, ie. a dead 1000lb marlin.

Mind your own business when an angler wants to eat a fish. It won't make a difference. Watch a film of a trawlers net coming up, and think again.

Absolutely no swearing or foul language and insults. You only make yourself look uneducated and small minded. We need youngsters to join in. We need to set an example.

How about renaming the forum to ' Sea Angling', as Sea fishing includes everything.

Anyone think of any more?

Yes wurzel, and you could take the word 'bugger' with you.

Mike i understand where you are coming from, but if that was to happen you would lose most of the frequent and most useful contributers to this forum and turn it into a same old same old type of site like the rest thats on the internet matey, controversal and heated at times it might be but bl*ody interesting for all the right reasons and to me thats why i consider this the best out there by a long way, where else can you have it out with a commercial fisherman and have talk about how to go about catching a pb mike??????

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

i have noticed the more politics are moving on the forum with hardly no reports from any area.

myself i have made some friends on here and have fished with them up the east coast of scotland both from boat and shore.

I have to agree with Mike and Sultzer here. I am personally getting a bit bored with the direction we take at times. I come on here to relax and learn , I also go to the pub for the same. In the pub I avoid people who

1) Argue for the sake of it

2) Go on about politics all the time

3) Think they are the only opinion which counts

4) Are obsessed with one topic (species !!!!)

Please folks lets lighten up and entertain and enjoy the site. We used to have some marvelous threads.

Happy New Year (again)

Peter :D

A bad days fishing is better than a good day at the office. Tight lines all.

I don't even see the point in analysing what is or isn't the current flavour of topics on the forum.

It wasn't so long ago that boat fishing, boat repairs, trailers etc was making up a good proportion of the threads and some were whinging that it was getting to much and there should be a separate boat forum.

Then there was too much talk of bass, then to much talk of catch and release.

Let it run its course, we'll probably all be talking and argueing about something else soon enough.

Mike, it wasnt that long ago that you was going to hang up your rods mate, as I remember you was often comenting on how bad the fishing was due to over fishing, then you caught that lovely big cod.

Now if the people fighting for fish concervation get their way it will leed to better fishing. Will you then benifit from these peoples eforts quite happy that you have not even talked about it.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!