A Bass Biology question

Newt

I dont know if they are the same as striped bass!!!!

Zzippy

Completely different species. The striped bass is a true Bass. The US largemouth & smallmouth are actually a species of sunfish and related to our bluegill.

Striper = Morone saxatilis stripedbass.jpg

Largemouth = Micropterus salmoides bass2.jpg

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

still bass family Newt I think as are the UKs perch and zander.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

I have a fairly large salt water aquarium 6 feet by two by two, one day I would like to have carp and bass in it, I only have bass in it at present.

Bass that are above the minimum landing size I presume, else I suspect you are breaking the law ;):D

If they are currently 36cm do you reckon you can feed them up to 45cm before the new regs come in? :D

If the BMP was implimented in full and copied salmon legislation, then if you were suspected of transporting undersized fish home (even if live for a fishtank) the police/baliffs/Fishery officers, could stop and search your car without warrant, arrest you without warrant, seize your vehicle, fishing gear and boat (if it had been used to catch them) as productions and you could have a really bad night..... This of course would be considered an abuse of power by the officials involved by most people and would never happen, just as the salmon laws and prevention of terrorism laws have never been abused by overzealous officails or politicians :blink::D

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net