'Snatchers' in action!

Spur-Hound

What a start to the weekend!

Such a nice sunny day, so the family took a stroll down to skateraw. I took the long walk (or run) along to the bass mark. I had a Bass on each of my first 4 casts (!!!!!) All small, but i was chuffed. Few other guys where having similar succsess. Sod this i thaught, and took the light approach. On went a 'snatcher' fly. I rapidly caught 8 wee bass mostly around 1lb, but one lone 2lb fish. What fun on such light gear, 8lb line etc etc It was quite crazy, 12 bass in 45 mins. Thankfully i didnt have to run all the way back to Skateraw afterwords. Picked up att he gate :D

They all went back to fight another day, barring one which had been hooked in the gill and looked critical. Bait anyone???

Well its been around 8 months maybe more since i recieved a few of snatchers lures in the post. Cheers mate :) Will need to get myself tying soon :)

Posted Image

Click for larger picture

These two chased each other about in a rockpool until another angler took a photograph for me :) getting them back out the rockpool was sporting!!!

I must say i was impressed. There where quite a few anglers down there, and not one of them was doing the usual bass slaughter which goes on down at that mark.

Cheers

Shaun

[ 10. June 2005, 09:59 PM: Message edited by: Newt ]

Tight Lines

Shaun

Spur-Hound:

What a start to the weekend!

Cheers

Shaun

Well done, that sounded like great sport. Its good to see bass stocks making such an excellent recovery. (any chance of making the pic smaller??)

Has anyone tried Snatchers lures with one of those Casting Floats like you can get on Tackle Bargains (link above) - various weights, floating, sinking and neutral. Would work well over weed or when you want to work a fly slowly

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk

spanner i would recomend him nowt too technical i'm able to cast 40+ yds on grass need to find the bass and give it a go

Andrew

member of Save our Sharks

SOS

SACN member

it's the taking part that counts!

@==---¬--¬--¬------<(')))>< angling classics

Hello girls what is going on ?

Casting lessons for a shot in your yak

Its a deal :)

Wullie says Luce and back is chocca wiv fish

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

tack4:

spanner i would recomend him nowt too technical i'm able to cast 40+ yds on grass need to find the bass and give it a go

40 yards! Thats just 6 feet short of the British record! Carl Hutchison is looking for some decent competition since Hywel Morgan stopped competing against him. P'raps your the man Tack.

Nice fish Shaun, I must try the fly down this end soon, maybe today!! :D:D

Well done it is nice to see someone using a different approach when you are already catching fish.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Hi MJB

I can cast out my whole flyline, which is 35 yards, minus a few snippings over the coarse. I was measured at 36 yards at a competition a few years back. I didnt know they held proper fly casting distance thingys???

Tight Lines

Shaun