Calling all Photo Experts :D

Emz

Dunno if you guys can help me out on this :D

Looking to buy a tripod, but I aint got a clue where to start :mellow: I'm looking into doing more of this image stitching thing, but before I can really do any more I need to invest in a tripod :)

Any recommendations? I've had a looked on eBay, seen a few, but I can't really see what I'm looking for. Can you actually buy tripods with a compass on them? or something similar? (to measure degree angles)

Any help would be much appreciated :)

- Emz

Find out who you live by - www.frappr.com/anfriendsmap

Check out Crystal's New Website! :)

Don't forget to sign her guestbook :D

Hope this helps for now .. (bity busy at mo, sorry)

http://www.cameramad.co.uk/item--Cullmann-...Level--871.html

No worrys love :)

Wow, thats a bit cheaper! Similar tripod to that on eBay is £26.00 + postage :blink:

Was hoping to find one with a degree view on them if you get me? I don't even know if they are made! lol. I have looked on google a lot but the most I can find is the spirit level ones :(

Edited by Emz

- Emz

There are tripod heads available with various kind of accurate built in spirit levels. Try looking at Manfrotto ones. Often you buy the tripod and a compatible head separately.

Edited by Lid

and the spirit level (or bubble as any snapper will call it :)) is purely for making sure the camera is level, it won't help you line up panoramic shots or anything like that. you could always gaffer a compass to either the top of your camera or your sticks

and the spirit level (or bubble as any snapper will call it :) ) is purely for making sure the camera is level, it won't help you line up panoramic shots or anything like that. you could always gaffer a compass to either the top of your camera or your sticks

Not a bad idea :D

Thanks Jeeps :)

- Emz

Guest sandpipper

Ems believe it or not i got mine from asda 20 quid very light and strong and the ajustments very smooth it came with a bit that screws to the bottom of your camera so it clips and unclips by a push toggle and sholder strap and it looks good, i thought ah well 20 quid if it crap id bin it but i was very impressed. Tony

Ems believe it or not i got mine from asda 20 quid very light and strong and the ajustments very smooth it came with a bit that screws to the bottom of your camera so it clips and unclips by a push toggle and sholder strap and it looks good, i thought ah well 20 quid if it crap id bin it but i was very impressed. Tony

Wow nice one :) Might look at them there too :)

- Emz

I too have a cheap one from Argos of all places, around £30, marked as made by or called "star 61". Swivel and tilt head, three legs that individually adjust in two places all with swivel feet so it finds its own grip on rough ground, locking ring to stop legs collapsing inwards, two built in spirit levels one on the head and one at the top of the leg assembly help to get your camera level. Also on the head section is a crank handle for further extension which will bring your camera up to eye level. Sole plate stays connected to your camera with for quick easy fitting to the 'pod, and also quick release. tripod head also adjusts so you can use camera in either portrait or landscape mode. Carry handle on the tripod itself and also a carry bag with shoulder strap for those longer walks.

Just had a quick look on their site and it would appear they dont do this particular model anymore, the closest is this one http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5705403.htm which appears to have all of the features that mine does, save for the carry bag.. :sun:

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

Just had a quick look on their site and it would appear they dont do this particular model anymore, the closest is this one http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5705403.htm which appears to have all of the features that mine does, save for the carry bag.. :sun:

That looks allright :D thanks for the link :)

- Emz