Down South

gozzer

Last sept' my daughter started at uni' in Hatfield. Iv'e not spent much time down there before, so it came as a bit of a surprise when, on the visits to see her, I find myself being "pushed" round roundabouts, cut up like a loaf of bread and "forced" into speeding, because everyone seems in such a hurry. My daughter has placement at two London hospitals and has twice been knocked over by people rushing to catch the tube. Can anybody explain the rush? Iv'e been to most of the major cities in Britain, but none of them seem to have this problem. Is it something in the water? :unsure:

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Last sept' my daughter started at uni' in Hatfield. Iv'e not spent much time down there before, so it came as a bit of a surprise when, on the visits to see her, I find myself being "pushed" round roundabouts, cut up like a loaf of bread and "forced" into speeding, because everyone seems in such a hurry. My daughter has placement at two London hospitals and has twice been knocked over by people rushing to catch the tube. Can anybody explain the rush? Iv'e been to most of the major cities in Britain, but none of them seem to have this problem. Is it something in the water? :unsure:

No, it's the way of life there. People are in a permanent rush to get from A - B and get to their own little oasis of tranquility so they don't have to see other people.

It's one of the reasons I moved to Liverpool, but some nasty Southern habits are even spreading up here.

And I don't mean ME!

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

I find that too :( Not sure what it is tbh :headhurt:

- Emz

Find out who you live by - www.frappr.com/anfriendsmap

Check out Crystal's New Website! :)

Don't forget to sign her guestbook :D

It's because the women down here are so darned sexy that we can't wait to get home to them.

Yours not like that? :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I live down south about 30 miles from London and people do seem to be in a rush down here compared to other parts of the country I’ve visited. I don’t know why this is but it’s always seemed to be that way. It is nice to get away from it sometimes, especially in nice quiet areas on the riverbank.

Elton is right about the women down south. They are very sexy.

:D

It's because the women down here are so darned sexy that we can't wait to get home to them.

Yours not like that? :D

Yer but up here like to take our time, enjoy the anticpation, just in case we're in trouble for something we dont know we've done, and the evening turns sour. :rolleyes::unsure:

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Southern girls = southern drawl = sexy? ......Nah! :yucky:

Paul

Down South, Whats the rush?

I get the same feeling in Inverness :blink::blink:

I dread driving down "Sooth" these days. Especially when I visit the family in Bournemouth.

There you have the added hazard of "Mature" motorists. You must remember that just because the vehicle in front is indicating right, it won't neccessarily turn right :wallbash:

Edited by Scapanapper

Down South, Whats the rush?

I get the same feeling in Inverness :blink::blink:

I dread driving down "Sooth" these days. Especially when I visit the family in Bournemouth.

There you have the added hazard of "Mature" motorists. You must remember that just because the vehicle in front is indicating right, it won't neccessarily turn right :wallbash:

Indicating? I'm beggining to think indicators are an optional extra on some cars. :angry: