TF gear classic or Ikonix?

viney

At this rate I will be the proud owner of a second vt1002 if no one bids in the next 6 hours...

Matt mate ,,,,,kiss of death....Told Rusty they are going to be collectable sorry lol

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Haha I wouldn't have been disappointed if I won it but would have had to sell my Leeds, with p&p it went for 85p more than I paid for mine

Have you got your first one yet Viney ?

Edited by Tigger

Have you got your first one yet Viney ?

Nope got dispatched today so hopefully will be here tomorrow :) got a great video today of barbel feeding in the swim I've been baiting but it goes all grainy when I put it on photobucket

Edit: managed to get it on YouTube

Edited by viney

http://www.basingengineering.co.uk/

Instagram: mrmjv88

It's here, so much nicer feeling than my Leeds :) given it bit of a clean and stripped the line off that was on it (took 10 minutes of using a bar in my lathe running at 1300rpm to strip it off, god knows where he was trotting to!)

http://www.basingengineering.co.uk/

Instagram: mrmjv88

If you want to get it a bit more free running Matt take the bearings out and give them a good soak in WD40, then re-lube with 3 in 1. It'll sound noisier but should run better. If you have good eyesight you can take the bearing shields off and flush out the grease that's in there.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

If you want to get it a bit more free running Matt take the bearings out and give them a good soak in WD40, then re-lube with 3 in 1. It'll sound noisier but should run better. If you have good eyesight you can take the bearing shields off and flush out the grease that's in there.

The okumas I got all run sweet as a nut and the sheffield will spin round for nearly 5 min's ! I know that's not important but it looks good LOL. I always wipe my reels down after a trip out and add a small drop of oil onto the houseing.

To be honest I wouldn't bother messin about with the bearings....Chris I think you just like fiddling about with stuff ;) .

• Like 1

Another very happy vt1002 owner here.

When they were first on the market I got brand new from ebay for around £65.00 all in.

Think I posted last year on best way (I have found) to clean reel bearings - same way as I do my Abu multipliers.

Soak bearings in petrol/lighter fluid.

Air dry on some kitchen roll.

Put on a teaspoon with choice of oil (I use the abu oil on pin (very smooth) and car oil for multipliers to slow them down)).

Heat up teaspoon with a lighter until oil starts to bubble.

Job done.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!