Boat - Good News.....And Bad

Elton

Guest stevie cop

It sounds like a good idea Ken. Would fibre glass resin stick to it? If it would, I reckon it would be better than plywood.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re- polypropylene sheet - Go look at www.offshore105.com, they don't use wood in Offshore's anymore, they use honeycomb matrix coated with fibreglass called Nyplast I think. You will need to do the stainless plate over the top to prevent your outboard clamps punching holes through it though. Worth a look?

Like Fresh coffee? www.Bean14.com

Guest stevie cop

I asked the same question a few weeks back. If you look for the thread called, "what do I do?", it'll be on there somewhere.

simple

upload your pictures to anywhere on the net, I can put them up if need be.

then take the complete web address of the pic and past it on to here putting at the end of it, making sure there are no spaces.

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Elton, tip for you with resins and boats. Clean all the existing surfaces you plan to bond to with acetone, it is the only thing I know that will remove the wax and uncatalysed styrene in the existing laminate. It is available from Glasplies, it's really worth it's cost. It will also remove resin that has not hardened. If you are going to use the solid or washer type rollers for consolidating your lamination you can keep them rolling by putting in a container of Acetone with a cover of clingfilm.

Cheers, Chris.

I think I'm going to have to get some kind of shopping list together here.

This is getting more frightening by the minute

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE