near miss or not?

captain cojones

low-flying-aircraft.jpg
" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I'm fairly certain that there was safe separation between the aircraft - I looked at the Airbus Industrie website, and found the dimensions for the aircraft mentioned in the BBC report:

The lower of the aircraft is an A300 - length 44.51m span 34.09m

The upper, larger aircraft is an A330 - Length 58.8m span 60.3m

I'm no expert but the size differential is so great, and the picture makes it look quite a small amount, that there has to be a fair distance between them.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

It is not only the linear distance but altitude which I think is 1000’ could stand being corrected on that.

When your stacked up I have often seen several planes at the same time below me as we circled.

A photo of these would make it look like a near miss.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

• 2 weeks later...

Why is it that when two planes pass closely to each other it is called a near miss? I thought that the whole idea was that they should miss each other - shouldn't it be called a near hit?

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

I can imagine the pilot now...

"Ladies and gentleman, if you look to your right you will see the pyranees over the Franco-Spanish border. And to the left we can see...AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!"

www.myspace.com/boozlebear

I can imagine the pilot now...

"Ladies and gentleman, if you look to your right you will see the pyranees over the Franco-Spanish border. And to the left we can see...AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!"

Some eyeseight that pilot, he was over London. :rolleyes::rolleyes::D

Some eyeseight that pilot, he was over London. :rolleyes::rolleyes::D

Oops...

can imagine the pilot now...

"Ladies and gentleman, if you look to your right you will see Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament. And to the left we can see...AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!"

www.myspace.com/boozlebear

Oops...

can imagine the pilot now...

"Ladies and gentleman, if you look to your right you will see Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament. And to the left we can see...AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!"

:thumbs::yeah::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: