SMOOTHIESSSS

jenks

In the summer I reguarly target hounds, but mainly from a boat.

Hermit crabs are favorite, with peelers second.

Use 2/0 to 4/0 hooks a running ledger with strong gear.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

In the summer I reguarly target hounds, but mainly from a boat.

Hermit crabs are favorite, with peelers second.

Use 2/0 to 4/0 hooks a running ledger with strong gear.

and watch your rod like a hawk if you don't want to loose it :lol:

Edited by Pugs

B.A.S.S

IPB Image

IPB Image

One hook clip down rig 50lb leader 30lb snood and a size 2/0 hook normally works down my way.

always make sure you have your drag set try to change the snood as often as needed as they get worn rather quick. best bait I've found is spider crab when there peeling but after that then you have the choice of peeler crab and hermit crabs....all have there good and bad days but then again when the smutts go on the feed there take most things in front of em :)

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

You can view my photo album @.... olliejays photo album

welcome to the forum mate!

ROLL ON THE SUMMER :sun::thumbs:

The place to try in the summer is baggy point near croyde. I haven't fished it for many years now but the persone to ask is dillydangle, he lives just around the corner, sort of. :thumbs:;)

and welcome to the forum

Edited by noah

Hi jenks and welcome, i have found whole calamari squid is just as good here off the beach in east sussex as crab, a lot easier to obtain and cheaper as well :thumbs: good luck.

:clap2: Lucky you. I've found it works early and late in the 'season' but you can't beat a peeler at the height of the 'season' because that's what they're doing inshore, looking for crabs and peelers give off a scent which helps them find them. I'm not saying squid doesn't work but if there's a peeler in the water, they'll find it first. :clap:

B)-->

QUOTE(Norm B @ Jan 31 2006, 10:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:clap2: Lucky you. I've found it works early and late in the 'season' but you can't beat a peeler at the height of the 'season' because that's what they're doing inshore, looking for crabs and peelers give off a scent which helps them find them. I'm not saying squid doesn't work but if there's a peeler in the water, they'll find it first. :clap:

Ah yes norm but so will the eels and baby flounders, every year i fish a couple of (catch and release obviously) smoothound comps, for the last two years i have won these fishing squid only all the time, while they are kept busy catching bootlaces and flounders on their peelers and hermits i am catching quality smoothies and winning, its crazy i know and so do they :lol: but they now do it every year to try and prove me wrong, maybe this year will be different but i doubt it, i dont mind i will just keep taking their money :)

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly