What is your favorite type of carp?

Guest Josh Iddon

Guest Josh Iddon

What is your favorite type of carp??? Mirror (State scale look- linier, Starburst, ECT) Common, Ghost, Wild, Koi.

Mine would be Ghost Commons there just abit different and because the Mirrors can look a bit scaby!!

Edited by Josh Iddon

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing beats the the classy look of a Common.

For fight it's got to be a big Koi.

Edited by lilypad

Definitely common, the darker the better. Not keen on leathers but a nice old scaley mirror is a close second. Lovely! (Spring's nearly here, I can see them now, mooching around the margins...)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Fully-scaled for me by a very wide margin

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Long lean Commons that have that Wildie look about them & threaten to dislocate a joint somewhere if you try to bully them :blink:

Incidentally, some of the best fights for me have come from Ghosties of the same ilk.

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.