Headtorch

Steve Burke

Thanks to a Forum member at last I've found the headtorch I've been looking for - many thanks. What's more it's dirt cheap!

I wanted one that could easily be operated with one hand, and with a choice of white and red LEDs, the latter so that my night vision isn't ruined. All the ones I'd seen to date were either expensive, needed two hands to switch on, or started with white light before being able to be changed to red. That meant your night vision was already ruined! Duh!

Where can you buy it? At Argos. It's a new item, ref340/9907 in the camping section of the catalogue. It's listed at £9.99 but is currently just £6.66, and that includes 3AAA batteries! It doesn't say in the catalogue, although it does online, but it has either 2 white LEDs or 1 red one. Additionally it has a tilt feature.

I'll do a proper review after I've done a full field test. However, I thought I'd mention it on the Forum as it looks very promising, plus it's currently on special offer.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Cheers, Keith.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

I'll do a proper review after I've done a full field test.

Well, that looks like Mr Burke's off under the stairs for a few days then! :bye2: Just be careful when using the red night light, it may attract unwanted advances from ladies of low morals! :uhuh:

kool! Argos!!!

all very well but as always with fishing gear from large retailers you usually get what u pay for... wonder how long it'll hold up before busting???

my buddy dave buys wholesale and sells various fishing stuff on ebay, if ya fancy a looksie the link's below... u could pick up a decent one for around the same price :D

here's a quote on the spec :

"You are bidding on a Brand New (Still in packet) Super Bright 12LED Deluxe Headlight with 4 mode switch (allows you to switch from 4 LED to 8 LED to 12 LED to control brightness and save battery power and 12 LED Flash) which would be ideal for night fishing, camping etc. I have seen similar lights for sale on online tackle shops and in my local tackle shop for between £70 & £90. This is a high quality product for the serious Angler."

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Carp-Pike-Coarse-Sea...1QQcmdZViewItem

tight lines...

Edited by Blue Marlin

Looks like a great light Blue Marlin. I think your friend might have gotten more angler attention if 'head lamp' or similar had been in his title though.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Nice looking torch Blue, have to say he's daydreaming with the normal price he's seen similar at, but then again he's an ebay trader.

I think most live in cloud cuckoo land where normal selling prices are concerned.