Plans for the weekend

Scotty T

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest @Winter@

:thumbs:;)

My neighbour had 1 just short of ten on wed night. If he had crossed his fingers it might of had a 1 pound rockling before snaffling his bait.

Good Luck Scotty.

I fished Lepe beach from the shore with Zzippy and another mate the other week. Our master plan was to put a big squid close for the bass at high tide and also to fish for the flatties.. We didn't catch (except for Zzippy who had a Scorpion Fish!) and the trip had to be cut short as I had a phone call from my missus telling me we'd just been burgled. Great!

We were on Springs at the time and the combination of high pressure, a North Easterly wind and a wacking great sandbar to the left of us seemed to keep the incoming tide at bay. It was crawling in and our session was spent standing facing the bracing wind down by the waters edge. Our beach buddies with hot drink we're back up on the shingle near the carpark.

Heres hoping the tide isn't held back and you can fish comfortably from your beach buddies.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Good Luck Scotty.

I fished Lepe beach from the shore with Zzippy and another mate the other week. Our master plan was to put a big squid close for the bass at high tide and also to fish for the flatties.. We didn't catch (except for Zzippy who had a Scorpion Fish!) and the trip had to be cut short as I had a phone call from my missus telling me we'd just been burgled. Great!

We were on Springs at the time and the combination of high pressure, a North Easterly wind and a wacking great sandbar to the left of us seemed to keep the incoming tide at bay. It was crawling in and our session was spent standing facing the bracing wind down by the waters edge. Our beach buddies with hot drink we're back up on the shingle near the carpark.

Heres hoping the tide isn't held back and you can fish comfortably from your beach buddies.

Cheers Speciman, we've decided to give Lepe a miss after hearing several bad reports of late, so we're giving Studland a go, if that fails we'll move over to Gerrys point maybe and have a flatty bash.

Scotty

No Luck This Time..............Roll On Next Time

Me and my mate are having a bash tonight at a new mark. We're dragging ourselves out of Dorset and trying Lepe Beach on the Solent. Chance of all sorts really, a few Bass were pulled out from there a few weeks back, looks good for Whiting and codling to. Forecast is -3/-4, with a beautiful clear night, light northerly winds.

We can but try. If anyone else is out, good luck and tight lines. :thumbs:

Scotty

Good luck Scotty.

Speciman and I will be fishing about a mile off Bournemouth Pier tomorrow on our Kayaks.The weather looks good, :sun: as long as we wrap up.

Dont know whats around at the moment.Maybe a few small plaice,turbot or Brill.Just looks like a nice day to be out and about.

Zzippy

zzippy2.gif

Well as you would expect, KT and crew are venturing out on Saturday. The weather look perfect, for off shore, although the reports are poor, a bit hit and miss, could end up steaming a long way off for very little :wallbash: So as HW is 10.50am, we have decided to repeat last Sunday, a leasurly early morning, lock out just befor HW, fish the ebb in the harbour untill 3.30'ish :fishing1: The idea is to try a few diferent baits to morrow, baits that can be frozen.

Save the off shore trips for the Smoothies and Tope in the summer.

Have a day at home on Sunday, 'Brownie points' :whistling: Dont forget chaps Tuesday! :hug:

:ph34r:

Well then, no surprises really, we blanked. We knew we'd be scratching this time of year. It was a fantastic clear, crisp and still night, and jezussss was it cold. Took the squid out of the freezer on thursday lunchtime, and it was partly re-frozen halfwayn through the session. And cold/wet fingers resulted in a quality birdsnest on my mag elite :wallbash: . Couldn't be bothered to sort it out on the beach, so we hit the pub for last orders :drunk: .

Note to self, bin off February next year (think I said the same thing last year :headhurt: )

Scotty

No Luck This Time..............Roll On Next Time

Guest @Winter@

Well managed 2 codlings on friday night, Blanked on saturday and had a 8 whitings on Sunday (and was frowned upon by some of the club lads for doing so).

Well, to sum up the fishing in my area (West Sussex), there was an ISAC match fished a week ago Saturday at Worthing with 102 competitors, many of them very good anglers and a good few England blokes fishing too. What was caught.....5 flounders, 3 of them were undersized!! Roll on the spring!!!

P.S. I did not fish, I'd rather play the lottery!

Our wrecking trip was pretty good, 336lb of pollack between 2 of us, 4 between 15 & 17lb. Went bassing on sunday and managed to tag & return 3 before I gave up as it was mega rough. ABM tried really hard on saturday for very little reward.

Like Fresh coffee? www.Bean14.com