Records list

Norfolkdan

:angry: Do records matter ?

The carp and barbel record is the same fish being caught time after time buy the selected few anglers. :angry:

Ian Flynn

David Rowe of the NFSA is a member of the British Fish Records Committee, so the lists given on the NFSA site for Sea, Coarse and Game should be up to date.

Select from the drop down menu on the left hand side at:

http://www.nfsa.org.uk

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Looks out of date - though they haven't included the Barbel and Grass Carp records that were ratified in Feb 05 (see elsewhere on the site). How often do the BRFC meet to ratify records????

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Looks out of date - though they haven't included the Barbel and Grass Carp records that were ratified in Feb 05 (see elsewhere on the site). How often do the BRFC meet to ratify records????

C.

The last Press Release I had from them was dated 20 Dec 04, following their meeting on December 14th, 2004.

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

What I was getting at is the same fish being caught all the time

The barbel record was caught buy the same angler in a matter of days.

Ian Flynn

I think the records do matter.

They are an account of the heaviest fish of a particular species, to be caught in britain up to that date by legal rod & line methods, irrespective of all other considerations. It's part of those historical facts & figures that most anglers find irresistable.

Now whether there is any merit in the capture of a record fish for the angler concerned, very much depends on the circumstances.

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.