Sainsbury to stop selling skate and huss.

Steve Coppolo

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Sam

Binotone was referring to anglers colectivly, B A S S claim there are some thing like 400.000 keen bass anglers around the country, If they kept just one fish each of a 1Kg each that amounts to 400 tons of bass .

Which is some what more than the pair team off Flambough head are likely to catch.

I fish to live and live to fish.

Hello Sam

Binotone was referring to anglers colectivly, B A S S claim there are some thing like 400.000 keen bass anglers around the country, If they kept just one fish each of a 1Kg each that amounts to 400 tons of bass .

Which is some what more than the pair team off Flambough head are likely to catch.

If you start compairing anglers to trawlers what has it come to its just a joke as we have said before there is more in discards goes back over the side in a day in numbers of fish than all the anglers in the uk probably take in year.

:wallbash:

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Guest binatone
If you start compairing anglers to trawlers what has it come to its just a joke as we have said before there is more in discards goes back over the side in a day in numbers of fish than all the anglers in the uk probably take in year.

:wallbash:

Not comparing trawling to angling at all big cod, what I was trying to point out was what is wrong with one pair team targeting bass of head end. Why not try and catch a few if they are there to catch. If anglers by there thousands can target them then why not one pair team who as you said are reporting only a few boxes a day.

As for discards we will have to wait for the outcome of defras findings on discards whenever or if ever they do the survey that you all heavily petitioned for them to do.

Guest @Winter@

At what point did anyone say there was anything wrong with pair trawlers targeting bass at Flamborough. I read it as a report of a situation Ie A pair team is targeting bass off Flamborough and big cod thought this was perhaps the first time it had happened - Never read anyhting condeming this, If ive missed it Im sure you will point it out to me. Im not certain it is the first time mind as I understand that Flamborough is an area where commercial fishermen have targeted bass for a number of years now.

A point I would make as I have already is that as commercial representatives claim all the BAss swim out of UK waters at this time of year and into international waters where allegedly they are taken by the french and spanish so what use is it trawling at Flamborough as there is supposedly no fish there.

Guest binatone
At what point did anyone say there was anything wrong with pair trawlers targeting bass at Flamborough. I read it as a report of a situation Ie A pair team is targeting bass off Flamborough and big cod thought this was perhaps the first time it had happened - Never read anyhting condeming this, If ive missed it Im sure you will point it out to me. Im not certain it is the first time mind as I understand that Flamborough is an area where commercial fishermen have targeted bass for a number of years now.

A point I would make as I have already is that as commercial representatives claim all the BAss swim out of UK waters at this time of year and into international waters where allegedly they are taken by the french and spanish so what use is it trawling at Flamborough as there is supposedly no fish there.

I honestly don’t think that a pair team would be targeting bass alone do you?

3 hauls a day, if you where to go by the numbers that big cod said was in the rumour then I think that they would be hard stretched to make ends meet on bass alone.

If they where targeting them I would of thought that they would of used pelagic gear.

Guest binatone
:punk::shutup::shutup::nerd::nerd::nerd::nerd::nerd:

I think I now what you’re trying to say here winter, please correct me if I am wrong

“People are pretty much alike. It’s only that our differences are more susceptible to definition than our similarities”.