Sainsbury to stop selling skate and huss.

Steve Coppolo

most inshore commercial fisherman are targeting fish between 36cm and 45cm. It takes a lot of bass this size to make a days money.

Myself as a dedicated bass angler needs a decent bass of say 4lb to 6lb every other trip to get his fix. With the statas quoe as it is I only caught about 20 fish over 4lb last bass season.

In order for me to get my fix more bass need to be alawed to grow bigger, this is also needed to build a good healthy breeding stock.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Sam

fair coment Peter but there are only plenty of thornbacks is due to much reduced commercial pressure,

In order for me to get my fix more bass need to be alawed to grow bigger

Surely Sam with the much reduced commercial pressure a lot more bass will get to grow bigger.

I fish to live and live to fish.

Hadn't really read this thread until now but now I have I have to smile.

The bit I find amusing is the thought that Supermarkets are doing this because they care about fish and sustainable fishing. Wrong. This is a marketing ploy decided by suits round a table and if it suits them they will spin it round the other way. All they care about is sales and public perception of their business

Yes, that's why writing to them, complaining to their store managers etc all helps.

Price

Quality

Value for Money

Convenience

Once they have done the best on all the obvious things that everyone else is doeing anyway, there is that word 'ethical shopping' that maybe attracts only a minority of shoppers, but that marginal market share makes all the difference to the price of their shares, which is what the shareholders want to see.

So keep phoning them and emailing them, whenever you see them selling undersized fish, or fish caught unsustainably.

If they think that their customers care, they will care.

Aldi:- ?

Asda: - Paula.Higby@asda.co.uk Freephone 0500 1000 55

Co-op: - customer.relations@co-op.co.uk Freephone 0800 317827

Iceland:- Phone: 01244 842842

Iceland Foods Ltd

Second Avenue

Deeside Industrial Park

Deeside

Flintshire

CH5 2NW

Feedback: http://www.iceland.co.uk/ext_11/web/custom.../icegf?openform

Lidl:- Phone: 0870 444 1234

M&S: - customer.services@marks-and-spencer.co.uk Phone: 020 7268 1234

Morrisons:- Phone: 01274 356000

Customer Service Department

Wm Morrison Supermarkets plc

Parry Lane

Bradford

BD4 8TD

Safeway: - feedback@safeway.co.uk Tel: 0181 848 8744

Sainsbury: - feedback@sainsburys.co.uk Freephone 0500 301010

Tesco: e-mail: customer.services@tesco.co.uk Freephone 0800 50 5555.

Waitrose: - customer_service@waitrose.co.uk

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Guest @Winter@
Hadn't really read this thread until now but now I have I have to smile.

The bit I find amusing is the thought that Supermarkets are doing this because they care about fish and sustainable fishing. Wrong. This is a marketing ploy decided by suits round a table and if it suits them they will spin it round the other way. All they care about is sales and public perception of their business

At the present time it is trendy to be eco friendly. The public want organic fruit and veg and fish from sustainable sources. My guess is they will be quite pleased Greenpeace gave them a kick up the arse. It Will be more profitable to them, tell the customer its organic or sustanable and they can charge a premium whilst not paying much extra to the suppliers.

Big cod ???? Pair trawling for Bass off Flamborough. Dont be so silly lad <_<:) . Everyone knows all the bass go on holiday to warmer waters away from the UK for a few months of Sangria and sex at this time of year.

What size Bass are they catching ?

Guest binatone
Heard a little rumour that a pair team have been targeting bass just off flamboro and down into bridlington bay towing close this must be a first taking anywhere from 1 box to 3 boxes of bass a go.

And is there anything wrong with that? I keep hearing that thousands of anglers target them every day of the year. I bet that they catch more than this pair team does.

I dout it! or the pair team wouldnt be paireing would they? NO they would be usingf rod and line. A commercial fisherman isnt going to use a method that catches less, so no I dout the anglers catch more!

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Guest binatone
I dout it! or the pair team wouldnt be paireing would they? NO they would be usingf rod and line. A commercial fisherman isnt going to use a method that catches less, so no I dout the anglers catch more!

Or may be Sam that there are not thousands of commercial fishermen targeting bass on a daily basis?

Just as big cod reported (on our bit of coast) one pair team

my point was directed at your statement that angler probably catch more than the local pair team. You was jokeing about that wasnt you?

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.