Mail order.

Geoff_Jubb

Bait via the postal service would work out expensive as you would want next day delivery, what bait are you looking for ?

You might have guessed! :)

Peeler crab and whiterag.

I do not have the time to collect bait and fish, and when I have tried I have been VERY unsuccesful. :wallbash:

I know both baits are in demand and peeler are out of season, but i have heard that other areas do still get them.

I live in Sunderland and so I don't have much chance of either bait and would be willing to pay postage. I have bought crabs before by mail order in April, but cannot find the address.

If peelers are out of season, fish won't be looking for them either! You will have to be more realistic about the bait you can find.

We all would like a nice cheap delivery of fresh bait. Mostly not possible though. In particular, in the winter!

Thanks for your help everyone.

Unfortunatly the fish where i live don't seem to read the rule book and are more than happy to scoff peelers. I have been told that crab peel all through the year in deeper water, so it is quite possible the fish eat them all year. :(

I don't expect bait on the cheap, I am just hoping to find the best possible bait I can. :)

Geoff

You could try Southend bait and tackle www.bandtc.co.uk they were ultra reliable earlier in the year not too sure about their winter supply, they were cahrgeing 50p per crab and I think it was £16 delivery before 12pm next day provided you ordered before 2pm they were good sized crab and in top condition. I took advantage during the summer to order plenty over what I needed to make the carriage charge less of a problem and to allow me to freeze plenty for the winter and to get a head start in the spring.

If peelers are out of season, fish won't be looking for them either! You will have to be more realistic about the bait you can find.

We all would like a nice cheap delivery of fresh bait. Mostly not possible though. In particular, in the winter!

Hello mate :)

Ive got to disagree with you there mike if you can source early peeler they will out fish any other bait without exeption you used to get devon peeler in December (dont know why you still don't ) a top winter cod bait in kent. four or five months before a molt in our neck of the woods I think although I would stand to be corrected that the boys in the north east used to use them as well durring the winter for their cod fishing maybe im wrong but this is based on my expieriance .

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

Guest @Winter@

Peeler is an essential winter cod bait. Long after they have gone from the rivers and scaurs it is still deadly when taken from the freezer and defrosted. Wouldnt be without it myself.

In march and April as 5 Bellies says, if you can get hold of some early peeler you will fish well. Expect to pay throught he teeth for it mind.

Peeler is an essential winter cod bait. Long after they have gone from the rivers and scaurs it is still deadly when taken from the freezer and defrosted. Wouldnt be without it myself.

In march and April as 5 Bellies says, if you can get hold of some early peeler you will fish well. Expect to pay throught he teeth for it mind.

Strange thing from around december onwards frozen peeler will out fish fresh very easy till the end of march.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg