dad at 14

deanbmw

just found out that my 14 year old nephue has gone and got some girl in the club. Whats his legal wights as the girl WANTS to keep the baby.

sister in law now crying eyes out on phone as we speak :wallbash:

Never test the depth of water with both feet.

Stuff work go fishing.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sandpipper

wah the mind boggles, what age is the girl? sorry mate just being nosey. i know this is not funny but was he doing sex education home work. :o

well the girls 16. well if thats the home work they setting them these days i want to go back to school......i feel sorry for my son now hes just had the birds and bees talk off his life off my misses he ll be frightend to have a p1ss in the morning i think :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

Never test the depth of water with both feet.

Stuff work go fishing.

Guest rabbit
just found out that my 14 year old nephue has gone and got some girl in the club. Whats his legal wights as the girl WANTS to keep the baby.

sister in law now crying eyes out on phone as we speak :wallbash:

The father cannot demand the termination of the pregnancy, if thats what you mean. If the mother wants to keep the baby she will be given a great deal of support,, not the end of the world If the girls got an understanding and supportive mother things should work out.

He will have to marry her of course :) (Thats a joke KB)

Edited by rabbit

Absolutely no help but I struggle with being new to parenthood and it's stresses and I'm 26!

Seriously though, it's more common than people realise, and whilst not the best situation, your sister-in-law can possibly take a little consolation in that this happens to hundreds each year.

But - starting a debate about rights though! Cutting teenagers out of the scope and on a more general level, a woman and man have the right to have unprotected sex. This, despite not planned, can lead to a mistake and the woman gets pregnant.

If a woman wants an abortion she can do so without the potential fathers consent. If a woman wishes to keep the baby then the man is liable for maintenance for 18 years. It seems as though the law favours women making a mistake over men, which you could argue (from a womans perspective) is fair, since they have the pains of child-birth etc - but at the same time, a great many men will feel it is unfair.

It's a very difficult one that - I'm not arguing for or against, but it is one of the age old arguments that crops up when 'unplanned' pregnancies are discussed.

Ian W

maintenance can go past 18 yrs if the child goes into further education

Thank God for that ,

My love childs as thick as SH!T. :P:headhurt:

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

If he's 14 and she's 16, I believe that constitutes statutory rape by the girl.

I'd be expecting a visit from the boys in blue at some point.

I may be wrong, but I think that an under-16 cannot legally consent to sex.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Hi all

sorry to hear about his probs(unless he`s happy about it?)but id be supprised if he was:)

i feel for the kid only being 14,ive been in a similar situ with an X (basically i did the deed and splits vill kicked in, DOH!!)well she refused to see a doc and basically tuanted me with the possible fatherhood position.(thank god it was nothing (minger(desperate times):)

i wasnt that young no, but it still scares the same

so i feel for him with that but

it does take two and both forgot to use protection(unless it split)

one mark on the score board for him:)sorry:)

not much he can do if he doesnt and she does,ready or not its happening,just hope it wasnt a deliberate benefit score for her and a coushy life on him.:)(it happens!!!sorry)

If a woman wants an abortion she can do so without the potential fathers consent. If a woman wishes to keep the baby then the man is liable for maintenance for 18 years. It seems as though the law favours women making a mistake over men, which you could argue (from a womans perspective) is fair, since they have the pains of child-birth etc - but at the same time, a great many men will feel it is unfair.

It's a very difficult one that - I'm not arguing for or against, but it is one of the age old arguments that crops up when 'unplanned' pregnancies are discussed.

needs sorting this system its far too easy for a women/girl to get preggers and take the cash,

one sided rule which is making it easy!!

like the women in the papers a week ago

she claimed child allowance for 3 kids(2 being twins)and it wasnt untill she tried it on again saying she was expecting again that she got caught(no kids and no evidence she was having or had any kids etc

toooo easy

you cannot force abortion but it still has a place (like it or not)rape etc etc

elton only boys get srewd for that girls get away with it unless they are teachers,blokes go down river!!

rant over

sg

Edited by billy5000

Guest cobra

Dean you have a PM!

Think you've been brave to post this but does your Nephew know that you have?

The age thing and boy v girl is a very grey area! I agree with Elton that the boys in blue may well be involved but........ only is someone makes a compleint: it does take two to tango and make sure that if they do speak to him your Nephew says nothing without a Solicitor and appropriate adult present! he may not want his Mum or Dad so Dean make your self available as your Nephew is going to need loads of support! Again see PM!