River Clyde Pike?

Andy Macfarlane

Hiya,

I had a couple of low doubles from the Dalmarnock area when I was piking a good number of years ago.

Thanks Davy. That was the very post I was looking for. I couldn't have asked for better confirmation. I go over the Clyde twice a week at least and have done for years. I've watched shoals of roach taking a doing from the cormorants at the back of the Gorbals and I've looked for any signs of pike but never seen any. I've seen some nice weedbeds and likely spots and always wondered. I'll give it a bash methinks.

Thanks for all the input.... :)

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

andy there is a few spots from dalmarnock to tollcross i had a roach which was almost halfed in two by a pike my mate also caught one on the same stretch of river just behind the celtic club at london road

Thanks for that Wee John.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

...Vagabond...

• 1 month later...
Hiya,

That's pretty much what we did, started at Dalmarnock Bridge and worked down to the Glasgow Green, it was quite hard going though trying to get in at bits to fish.

I'm going to give it a go very soon and I'll let you know if I get anything.

Alright mate. I tried to PM you but for whatever reason, the function isn't working at your end. If you fancy hooking up for a joint effort on the Clyde (I'm thinking pike and a bit of feeder fishing), let me know and I'll join you, if you fancy. I've been gagging for a crack at the Clyde for a long while but I'm not sure it's the place to fish on your own. Let me know if you're up for it.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

...Izaac Walton...

...Vagabond...

Alright mate. I tried to PM you but for whatever reason, the function isn't working at your end. If you fancy hooking up for a joint effort on the Clyde (I'm thinking pike and a bit of feeder fishing), let me know and I'll join you, if you fancy. I've been gagging for a crack at the Clyde for a long while but I'm not sure it's the place to fish on your own. Let me know if you're up for it.
He can't do PM until he has 15 posts under his belt Andy.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Ah, I see.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

...Izaac Walton...

...Vagabond...

Your PM access will automatically start after you have made post #15.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Andy i caught a small jack a few years ago 6lb near hyndford btw don't use live bait its illegal in Scotland

good luck man.

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif