best months for carp fishing

j green

hi everyone

what in your opinion do you think are the best months for carp fishing because im going at the beggining of april and i would think that aprils a perfect time of year because it isent cold but isent to hot and its just out of winter were the carp dont feed and good just be going on the feed, am i write

thanks

j.green

A hard question to answer.

Carp will feed for very short times in the winter and if you get it right February is a good time to get a big one if you put inh both time and effort.

I have always found spring hit and miss but my attentions do focus on Tench during May and June.

Summer is alot of peoples favorite time but I have found most carp to be in the upper layers during the day and hard to tempt off the top as they sunbath and only fish early mornings, all night or late evening when they go to the bottom for a feed (I find this for most stillwater species unless there is alot of cloud cover and a breeze).

My favorite time is autumn (sept to mid november) when I find carp are normally willing to feed anywhere at anytime during the day time.

At night during Sept into early Oct I have found they also feed all night long.

These are my own observations on the waters I fish and I am sure others will give their views.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

I prefer any month without an "R" in the name for the most action although where I live, September & (if the weather is mild), October are usually pretty good too.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

March and April are perhaps the best in my experience, depending on the weather in March though. At the back end Sept / Oct can be equally good but I usually find the start of spring more productive (hence why I am getting out for a few nights next weekend).

Rob

Without a shadow of doubt it has to be May for me.

Its like the silly season for carp, the first heatwave brings them onto the surface and they`re total suckers for floaters. I`ve seen waters that never respond to floating baits go absolutely mad at this time of year. Love it!

wolf.gif

Well I find my best carping all way start at the beginning of May right up to the end of October on my "secret water" but on the water it is February to September so on any waters in Britain is could be vary

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

Here in the Midlands of Ireland May and September. Whereas in the South of Scotland it's June and September. In the South of England, I don't have a clue these days. But one thing is for sure it is the change in temperature; up towards spawning and down during Autumn. (The big feed before the cold weather).

Edited by lilypad

hi

thanks for the info because im going in early april do you recommend spodding because i no some people say not to spod during the winter months so i thought it would be a good idea because april is in early sping the fish might go on a feed because of the lack of feeding during the winter.

Am i right and whats your opinions

thanks

j.green

Guest Josh Iddon

I shouldnt think spodding in winter would matter too much, some people even think it helps and keeps the fish moving and about.