bait, I'm new

billy420

Hi everyone just a quick one. Just wondering why I cannot catch fish with any other bait than maggots. So far I've tried bread,worms, and sweetcorn but I'm not getting a single bite. But the second in use maggots I'm pulling them out like no tomorrow usually roach and big perch. But I'd rather not shall out for mags every time I go fishing. So my question is why are they not going for any other bait?

In my experience its not always just the bait but your confidence in it.

If you turn up with maggots and just put corn on the hook occasionally , after 5 mins you'll switch back to maggot.

• Like 1

everytime i catch a fish i'm lucky when i blank i'm a hopeless angler.

Hi everyone just a quick one. Just wondering why I cannot catch fish with any other bait than maggots. So far I've tried bread,worms, and sweetcorn but I'm not getting a single bite. But the second in use maggots I'm pulling them out like no tomorrow usually roach and big perch. But I'd rather not shall out for mags every time I go fishing. So my question is why are they not going for any other bait?

Generally if you use maggots, especially a still water you will catch smaller fish in the warmer months. By using pellets with a feeder approach you will pick up the bigger fish ie Bream and Carp. The best big fish bait is a big piece of bread fished in the margins with a big hook, if you have carp in the lake that normally works. No reason why worm won't catch, a lobworm ledgered or fished again in the margins will catch.

Rule No 1 leave the maggots alone until the Winter.

I had my biggest tench on maggots this summer!

I've had a lot of my larger catches on maggots also Christian, {some content removed. Newt}

Edited by Newt
Non-related remark removed

Let me help you first it's nonsense ,the reason I said leave the maggots at home in the summer is that if the OP wants to catch a better stamp of fish in a lake where there are a lot of smaller fish then it makes sense to consider an alternative bait No?

Nonesense !

I appreciate you catch small barbel with maggots but let me assure you that I can assure you where I fish this would not be feasible in the summer. Only a few days ago I had TWO barbel 12 and 13 lb on 20 mm hallibut pellet, because the Bream were a nuisance.

{one line of comment removed. Newt}

Edited by Newt
comment removed

Let me help you first it's nonsense ,the reason I said leave the maggots at home in the summer is that if the OP wants to catch a better stamp of fish in a lake where there are a lot of smaller fish then it makes sense to consider an alternative bait No?

Nonesense !

I appreciate you catch small barbel with maggots but let me assure you that I can assure you where I fish this would not be feasible in the summer. Only a few days ago I had TWO barbel 12 and 13 lb on 20 mm hallibut pellet, because the Bream were a nuisance.

{one line of comment removed. Newt}

I don't belive you RABBIT...your full bullshine.

Newt, I thought we'd got shut of this person and yet here he is again p!$$!ng us off. I'm not the only one who's noticed this troll is back !

Edited by Alan Roe
inappropriate word removed