Favourite Old Toys

Elton

Ferret's pics of his Mamod steam engines have got me thinking back to my childhood....

I used to love those, but was also mad on Scalextric. I'll never forget getting my first ever one on Christmas day and playing it until it overheated and cut out, before I'd even look at what else Santa may have brought!

Most of my other childhood 'toys' were fishing rods and reels, but what toy do you think sums up your early days?

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a fairly decent microscope so I was always looking at all manner of 'stuff' through it. Ashamed to say that I butchered a fair few spiders along the way.

I always wanted a Subuteo set but my miserable parents never got me one.

I do remember being very disappointed one Christmas though. I'd 'discovered' that my mum had got me an alarm watch (roughly the same size as a Big Mac :lol: ) when I happened across it in their wardrobe. Come Christmas morning I was expecting to let out a loud approving shout on unwrapping it but it never materialised.....she must have sent the thing back to the catalogue. I tried my best to hide my disappointment.

Paul

LOL 'Finding' the presents was all part of Christmas. My sister was a master at it and knew every hiding place in the house :)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Elton,

I to had the scalextric bug as a kid and also later in life.When i emptied the loft the cars went on e-bay. Expecting to get a few quid,you would not believe my amazement to receive a final bid of over £200.

Great toy that Scalextric.

:thumbs::thumbs:

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

i had a thunderbird costume , that looking back at old photos i used to live in.

i also had a microscope and used to spend my time pulling my hair out for close up of the follicles and pricking the finger for me blood.

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

Chritmas present when i was a bout 7/8 was a neat Hornby trainset.

Tunnels, stations the lot.

The freight wagons would be loaded with smarties, funny the train always

stopped at my station and not my little sisters :D

1509tarpon_75_.gif

Favourite was 'Bayco' building set. construct houses by sliding bricks between metal rods pushed into holes of base. (its still in the loft but I don't play with it now. Have to wait till the grandson is old enough to use it) :):)

Steam rules

When my brothers and I were all dad built a super go-cart for us and painted it red, it was the bees knees and we all had great fun in it.

When it snowed dad fitted some old skis to the wheels and all three of us could ride it down the hill.

We had it for several years and when I think back it nearly always crops up.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist