Rigging my New style Prowler 15

Zzippy

Today was my first day off work for a week.So thought I would make a start on my New model P15(New style scuppers).Had it all planned out where things were going to go :)

Thought I should test for leaks first even though it was the new style.

I am glad I did.2 leaks appeared from the rear Tank well scupper holes.Same place as the old style.

So off I went back to Bournemouth Canoes with my second P15.

Simon dealt with me this time.I couldnt have asked for a better service from them.I know its not their fault.Its down to the suppliers to check these problems out b4 shipping.This Kayak even had the been inspected sticker on it!!!!!!!God knows how they tested it though :huh:

It was the US new model.There is a batch of NZ models due in 2 weeks from now.I will give it one last chance to see if they are better.Then if not it will be a new model altogether.Maybe Hobbie outback.

I will be sending Johnson outdoors an E-mail later,so they know what is happening.I think there is alot of people being put off from Buying Ocean Kayaks at the moment.

I just hope the new batch are inspected properly before being dispatched to the outlets.The shops and outlets could do without bad publicity as it is not their faults as to what is sent to them.

Oh well looks like the Skerries trip will be put back a few more weeks now,as I dont want to try it on the Caper :(

Zzippy

Sorry forgot to add.

Soon Bournemouth Canoes will have a lot of new Scotty equipment in :) eg; Tripple mounts and rod holders.

Edited by Zzippy

zzippy2.gif

Thats really bads new mate. Heres hoping the Captain puts his foot down and the next batch of P15s make their way over the pond sooner than forecast.

Given that you have leaky scuppers on the updated model I'd suggest all owners of P15s and P13s check their kayaks for leaky scuppers before heading out for the first time. I'm surprised we haven't heard of an incident yet.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Zzippy,

This is madness, somebody somewhere needs more than a kicking they need firing, I'm sure that Andrew will do everything he can at this end to sort your problem out quickly.

Like you say, feel sorry for the dealers.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Zzippy,

This is madness, somebody somewhere needs more than a kicking they need firing, I'm sure that Andrew will do everything he can at this end to sort your problem out quickly.

Like you say, feel sorry for the dealers.

SM :)

Hiya Starvin.

Simon was very helpfull at Bournemouth Canoes.This does need to be sorted though.

Seeing as it was Quality tested.

It's just the waste of time and petrol going backwards and forwards all the time.

I spent about an hour down there chatting with Simon,and looking at other models.Its good news about them getting Scotty products in soon though :)

Hopefully I will be sorted by the time the Plaice really start to show.

I also mentioned to Simon that some retailers are giving your safety page print outs to new Kayak owners.

He seems to think that was a good idea and think he may follow suit :thumbs: .

Zzippy

P.S.I was looking at the Perception whilst I was there.Looks very nice :)

Edited by Zzippy

zzippy2.gif

This scupper problem has to be sorted out after all it is a boat and could/would sink if unnoticed before it became unsafe it may be OK for an adult, but children do use these as well, how long is it going to be before it will be headlines on the news, sad, but true

Lat/Long :- N50°58.366 W001°26.468

I must go down to the sea again

To the lonely sea and sky

I left my shoes and socks there

I wonder if they're dry?

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: gutted for ya Zzippy :schmoll:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Zzippy. Tough call. Can I suggest not spending anything on the lottery this week. I shouldn't talk I havent put the new Scupper on the water yet. Maybe having a Tunisian model is a blessing. We will see. Good luck with your quest for the new one.

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

That is very bad luck Zippy. Makes me wonder if I should ask the dealers I have ordered my P13 from to fill it up with water before I take it away? I wouldn't have the space to do this myself at home. Is this a reasonable request? They did say that mine would arrive at the end of the month and would probably be a NZ model, which tallies with the batch you were told were due in 2 weeks. Just have to keep my fingers crossed, I suppose. :unsure:

Cheers

Kev

That is very bad luck Zippy. Makes me wonder if I should ask the dealers I have ordered my P13 from to fill it up with water before I take it away? I wouldn't have the space to do this myself at home. Is this a reasonable request? They did say that mine would arrive at the end of the month and would probably be a NZ model, which tallies with the batch you were told were due in 2 weeks. Just have to keep my fingers crossed, I suppose. :unsure:

Cheers

Kev

Hiya Kev.

Yes If I was you I would ask them to test it for you.They will probably not mind.Seeing as you dont have the room to do it yourself.I should think your P13 is the Newzealand model.But my p15 would be a US new version that has hopefully been tested.

Bournemouth Canoes has been very helpful and tried their hardest to solve this matter.

I did write to Andy at Johnsons today.He sent a really nice and understanding E-mail back,which goes to show they do take notice of our thoughts.

He has sent a message to the highest people in Ocean Kayak in the US supporting our feelings towards this matter.

Zzippy

zzippy2.gif

To be fair Andy always seems to try to do his best but OK need to realise that we are getting to the point where actions speak louder than words. I could not hand on heart recommend an OK kayak at the moment. Great boats but the QC is letting the brand, OK customers and their retailers down. OK as a brand is at a point where it is inviting its competitors into its market share whith a sign saying "anything else I can do to help?".

Why haven't i seen anything about leaking scuppers on the american sites or have i just missed it?

Or are we the only ones to get them?

Edited by darnsarf

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)