To Kill a Burglar....

Bob Bradford

But I dont have a firearm so I would probably just sh1t myself :)

That's what I assumed.

That is what gun owners are up against. Most people in the country(Non gun-owners) don't understand and would say exactly the same as you did.

No problem! Just reality.

As a gun owner, just posting such thoughts on here could lose my license!

People using an alias, might get away with it!

Edited by Jim Roper

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rabbit

Its a good point regarding keeping dogs around the house. I have often thought that a well trained German Shepherd or Rotty at your heel does have somewhat of a sobering influence on some 'people' However I have only one very willing but rather short in the leg department Chihuahua, probably render the burglar helpless through laughter :lol: BTW I rescue dogs so cant be too picky, anyway its the wifes, so no Village People jokes :)

I have mentioned before I train dogs to do what they enjoy most , so if anyone wants to have an alternative to a gun let me know.

Guest tigger
Its a good point regarding keeping dogs around the house. I have often thought that a well trained German Shepherd or Rotty at your heel does have somewhat of a sobering influence on some 'people' However I have only one very willing but rather short in the leg department Chihuahua, probably render the burglar helpless through laughter :lol: BTW I rescue dogs so cant be too picky, anyway its the wifes, so no Village People jokes :)

I have mentioned before I train dogs to do what they enjoy most , so if anyone wants to have an alternative to a gun let me know.

A friend of mine breeds and shows Shepherds and Rotties, he got best of breed at crufts the other day and second in group with one of his Shepherds.

I would sooner tackle a shepherd than a Bully on the war path, without a weapon your doomed.

Don't get me wrong all our dogs have great temperements but won't take shite from anyone and don't like uninvited guests.

Tigger.

With you on that Tigger. A good dog is the best alarm. A well trained, fit and alert canine is what I have instead of a gun. We live in a rough area of south london but everybody on our estate knows us because our dog is so friendly. All the kids play with her but once or twice, when someone has crossed the line, a dog - that is big, loud and lovely looking - does the biz. She's never caused injury to anybody but her bark clears a croud. Many of my neighbours have been burgled but - in seven years - we haven't.

She's a black Lab, show quality, but she's not a breeding machine. We're of to t'country to retire - and I'm 37 today.

....Here's to swimming with bow-legged women....

I've heard it said that the best way to kill someone is to train a dog to do it.

As long as no one can prove malice aforethought, the worst that can happen is the dog being put down.

Better make sure you have good household/public liability insurance to cover a civil claim perhaps!

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Guest rabbit
A friend of mine breeds and shows Shepherds and Rotties, he got best of breed at crufts the other day and second in group with one of his Shepherds.

I would sooner tackle a shepherd than a Bully on the war path, without a weapon your doomed.

Don't get me wrong all our dogs have great temperements but won't take shite from anyone and don't like uninvited guests.

Tigger.

I know what you mean, a Shepherd is fearsome but tends to hold on as opposed to a Bull Terrier who only want to eat you :blink: .... and you can train a Shepherd to 'come off' :)

Guest tigger
I've heard it said that the best way to kill someone is to train a dog to do it.

As long as no one can prove malice aforethought, the worst that can happen is the dog being put down.

Better make sure you have good household/public liability insurance to cover a civil claim perhaps!

Funny enough by putting a sign up saying "beware of the dog" your saying you've got a dangerous dog!

It's also illegal to have a guard dog roaming loose on the premisis, they have to be accompanied by a handler.

Also the first thing they want to do if a guard dog bites someone is to put the poor bugger down.

PC bull**it all over again!!!

Tigger.

Guest tigger
I know what you mean, a Shepherd is fearsome but tends to hold on as opposed to a Bull Terrier who only want to eat you :blink: .... and you can train a Shepherd to 'come off' :)

Yeah Bullies arn't the most obediant dog but IMO are the most loving and loyal of the canines.

They have fantastic temperements but if they do loose it there's no reverse gear. Thing is they'd willingly die protecting their owner.

Tigger.

My dog is a black lab - not a pitt-bull, rottie, dingo or a wild wolf. She is a pet. But she scares the **** out of our local hoods. We have drug dealing and prostitution on the stairs that I have to walk past just just to take my daughter to school. If I'm on my own, I'm wary and give them a nod - just to get to my front door. If I'm with Molly, the stairs are cleared - they run away and I get letters through my door to say that I have a violent dog.

....Here's to swimming with bow-legged women....

Guest Brumagem Phil

Its all about respect, and its a sad endictment of our society that a dog gets more respect than a human being.