To Kill a Burglar....

Bob Bradford

I am not debating the right or wrong of gun possession. (By the way, it is as easy to get an illegal gun as it is to get a £1000.00 loan from a credit card company!!)

What I am saying is,as these kids are brought up with no dicipline, they think they are entitled to beat up and rob people - touch THEM and they scream human rights.

The police do nothing to discourage these actions (we need a few well publicised trials where they are sent to jail for ABH for a at least a couple of years!). Thats why I say the vigilante action is coming!

The Bracketted part of your post Is interesting In order to get hold of a illegal weapon that easerly would imply an interaction with the type of poeple you are trying to combat. Any thing you want to tell us? :lol::lol:

As I pionted out having the gun will not make you a person caperble of useing it ,That Is something that trained combat marksmen spend hours of durress training and thousands of shots down the range to achive, the other type of person would be either, very frightend or a phsycopath. all three are dangerous the last two terryfieingly so (sp).

The awnser to the other point is if you chose to fight don't get caught! these children brought up with no dicipline are begat of poeple with no dicipline,but these kids are tough make no mistake. vigillantes wont work ! Remember the Gardian Angels? a lot of these type of poeple want to run with the hair and the hounds.Mob Rule on the streets would be as bad as the Muggers , I Have a Ghanahan (sp)Freind who when back home saw the Neclace killing of A petty theif. Was he or was someone settleing an old Score ? What needs to be done is have the return of the home beat officers not a middle aged bloke like me, seeing out his time in a cushy job.But A young fit eiger person trained to do ther job to a high leval with the ability to call on back up at the drop of a hat. Every village when I was a lad in kent had a small police staition or at least a police house in it .When I left Canterbury in the early 90's Herne bay was policed out of office hours, by Canturbury police station 13 miles away, Its no good! No Its worse than that It is Useless. Inner city Housing estates should have small police stations built on them when they are Contructed, alowing a constant police presance to be felt at all times. Better training within the Security industry could and would give people faith in security officers without looking at them as poeple who could not get a propper job! or some poor Nigerian student Just trying to make ends meet. These poeple could then be given a Limitted Powers of Arrest Warrant.not like the community wardens wich in my oppinion are toothless Tigers and mostly of an age not condusive to rolling up your sleeves and getting stuck in. I am not being ageist I am being a realist

We need young fit disiplined poeple maybee ex service peronel poeple who are up to the job. The reason we have this leval of social crime is we have allowed the siol of our communitys streets to become farr too fertile, a strong goverment Committed to Domestic issues that is not too farr left or farr right pluss some cross comunity social cohession,Would go a long way towards a remedy.All this will cost A few Bob though Are we willing to Pay?

Edited by five bellies

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of years ago my wife and I were woken by a phone call, at about 2-30 in the morning. It was a reverse charge call from my son, 23 at the time. He had been mugged, and was in a right state.

He and some mates had been to a club,and were on their way to get a taxi. He got a call from a friend that he hadn't seen for a while, who was in a club not far from where my son was, so he left the group and made his way to the club. While walking down a street someone came up behind him and put a 'gun' to his neck and said they wanted his mobile and his cash, or they would blow his head off. My son sensibly handed them over, the assailant then pushed my son over and disappeared. When I picked my son up and brought him home,we phoned the police who were there within 15 mins. Unfortunately the incident happened in a 'blind spot' for the CCTV cameras, so they could do nothing but offer support.

The point I'm trying to make is that, I would back my son in most face to face situations with an unarmed attacker,( he is 6'3'' an about 13/14 stone) but in a situation like this, if he had been carrying a weapon it would have been of no use to him and the assailant would now probably have it.

My son now recognises the things he did wrong on that night, that put him in a vulnerable position, and is much more aware when he is out.

The 'cavalier' use of guns as shown on PC games, films and TV, suck people in to accept them as the norm' but when reality kicks in, it's a different thing.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

A couple of years ago my wife and I were woken by a phone call, at about 2-30 in the morning. It was a reverse charge call from my son, 23 at the time. He had been mugged, and was in a right state.

He and some mates had been to a club,and were on their way to get a taxi. He got a call from a friend that he hadn't seen for a while, who was in a club not far from where my son was, so he left the group and made his way to the club. While walking down a street someone came up behind him and put a 'gun' to his neck and said they wanted his mobile and his cash, or they would blow his head off. My son sensibly handed them over, the assailant then pushed my son over and disappeared. When I picked my son up and brought him home,we phoned the police who were there within 15 mins. Unfortunately the incident happened in a 'blind spot' for the CCTV cameras, so they could do nothing but offer support.

The point I'm trying to make is that, I would back my son in most face to face situations with an unarmed attacker,( he is 6'3'' an about 13/14 stone) but in a situation like this, if he had been carrying a weapon it would have been of no use to him and the assailant would now probably have it.

My son now recognises the things he did wrong on that night, that put him in a vulnerable position, and is much more aware when he is out.

The 'cavalier' use of guns as shown on PC games, films and TV, suck people in to accept them as the norm' but when reality kicks in, it's a different thing.

well said mate . I hope your boy got over it well :)

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

Five bellies, stop trying to justify the yobs, they WILL get whats coming to them in the shape of a piece of lead!

I stand by my remark, as the people dealing with "grey" guns are not the ones going out mugging!

By the way, I carried a gun overseas for 25 years and had about five police "competence!" certificates, I think I can handle a gun

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Five bellies, stop trying to justify the yobs, they WILL get whats coming to them in the shape of a piece of lead!

I stand by my remark, as the people dealing with "grey" guns are not the ones going out mugging!

By the way, I carried a gun overseas for 25 years and had about five police "competence!" certificates, I think I can handle a gun

Sorry, but I find this just a little scary, with your attitude you shouldn't be allowed withing miles of a gun.

You sound like a disaster looking for somewhere to happen. What your saying is vitually word for word what Martin said.

Edited by Sportsman

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Kleinboet, nobody is trying to justify any crime. It worries me that you seem to think that everyone should carry a gun for 'defence'. At what point does defence become attack. Is it, if you feel threatened you would use it? If so then a lot of innocent people are going to get harmed, along with the yobs. If it is during an attack then as in the case of my son, it would have been of no use to him.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

The one that makes me smile is childrens TV presenters calling each other "Berks"

If they knew anything about rhyming slang they wouldn't use that particular word :)

Yep. Can't have allusions to hunting on TV!

:)

What are you saying, that we must stand back and and let this happen because you can't trust yourself with a gun. ( by the way, in all the time I carried a weapon, I never fired it once in anger!)

The only way this matter can be resolved is for the police to start acting and be seen to be acting to eradicate these cowards (because that's what they are).

And the courts to start acting in the cause of JUSTICE not whether their human rights have been violated. WHAT ABOUT THE VICTIMS?

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription