For the attention of Bob Bradford

Guest Ferret1959

Guest Ferret1959

I may have left this a bit late but...................

I'm fishing a match in the morning here.

scanedited.jpg

I need advice of baits and the best way to fish it.

I normally fish rivers with rod n reel.

I don't have a pole which seems to be the only tool for match fishing these days.

So if you or anyone else can advise I'd be truly greatfull.

Cheers.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

would like to help ferret but my knowledge isnt that good yet, id start on maggots and see if you get owt. i just want to wish you good luck

Edited by zenith10

Guest Ferret1959
would like to help ferret but my knowledge isnt that good yet, id start on maggots and see if you get owt. i just want to wish you good luck

Cheers matey, very nice of you. :)

Edited by Ferret1959

Dave,

you will score with the waggler or feeder. There is a lot of carp in there under 10lb but there are some biggies. I would probably fish the feeder or method and start with maggot or a single grian of corn on the hook. It does produce some big match weights in the warmer weather.

Paul

it all depends on what side of the lake you draw ,on the right bank (as seen from the club house/restaurant (excellent breakfasts) pegs 60 through to 84'ish are the hot pegs,worms and casters scores well with the skimmers while the method can be a hit or miss affair but will pull in bigger fish,corn down the edge can get you a few bonus pasties (small carp)hemp and pellets at 11m (pole line) for the bream.but take maggots as a hook change.on the left hand side (golf coarse) be carefull as it has a tendancy to rain golf balls pegs 1-10 and 20-31 fish better (either end of the island) bloodworm & joker if allowed will sort out the silver fish and fish to any bushes / features as these will hold silvers as well,fish the method up tight to the island ,or just wang it out as far as you can in open pegs.tactics are the same at the other side if you draw up at around 33-40 you might squeese a section win if you go all out for silvers 48-52 is also a good section winning area on silvers as well.oh and you'll love the weigh in's as nigal does his"Schumacher" impression in his golf cart.

i'll try and ask nigal how its fishing for you.

Edited by chavender

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

Guest Brumagem Phil

Never fished it ferret but always found sweetcorn works well on the hook when the weather is cold............why not try the chummed up corn and condensed milk thing that was mentioned earlier.

If nothing else you'll get Bob all steamed up :P:P:P

I know the owner Ferret, as Chavender says his name is Nigel..Nigel Harhy, he is a smashing bloke and I am sure he will help you, I have not fished Barston as yet ,so am not much use to you , I can however give Nigel your E-mail addy and he could contact you directly, let me know on here,regards Bob.

Edited by Bob Bradford

I am a match angler .....not an anti-Christ!!!]

Guest Ferret1959
fez :lol::lol::lol::lol:

see you in the morning :lol:

p.s fez we have pegs 100 -71

I know wot pegs we have ta. :)

Bet you is glad I'm doing me home work as team capt eh. :D :D