Roof Bars

wirral sea fishing

I went to get roof bars for the van today (renault traffic) I had already priced them via renault and thought that Halfords would be a cheaper option, how shoked was I !!!!

Halfords wanted nearly £194.00 for 2 roof bars, the bars were £31.00 each then they added on things like the fixing kit .. errrrr should that not come with it, then the brackets, again - should that not come with it ? so i told the guy i was off to renaut, only to be told you wont beat that price SIR ! - Sir indeed !!!!!!

Renault supplied the lot for £95.00 the pair and dead easy to fit (need another one thought) so on my way back i returned to Halfords just to show him the price... You got trade was the reply ! - i wont tell you my reply Elton will get upset with the langauge :lol:

Halfords are becoming a joke with their pricing, I wanted a set of blades for the C3 Halfords wanted over 20 pounds, got the pair from the main dealers for 10 pounds encluding a little man who fitted them, They must of had the idea that with my grey hair was not up to the job, Boy the are so right :(:( .terry

If only I had all the money for all the toys I want,;-(

Got most of them now, Just working on that Harley in blue ;-)

Hiya Chris.

Glad you got it sorted.

They realy are taking the p--- at the other shop you mentioned, what a load of crep.

Has " Macyak " turned up yet ?

Macyak left Bournmouth today bill :lol:

Edited by wirral sea fishing

Back on the bars subject, has anybody tried the inflatable ones? I saw some for £50 and they would seem ok for short journeys. Can be stored in the car when not needed.

No but Halfords had "inflated" thiers :lol::lol:

Out of interest how do they secure to the car / van