SAVE OUR RAG AND LUG WORM

sam-cox

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This post was ment to make people think about concervation, its not just a case of undersized fish or over fishing, there is a very big picture to look at. I was told last week that we are extracting gravel now from the sea, and the efect that offshore wind farm construction could have on the aquatic enviroment is also a concern

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

nuclear is the most viable.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

That was a Russian power station that was not maintained due to lack of funds, a wind farm has a 25 year life span, the amount of energy the wind farm makes in the 25 years a nuclear power station makes in around 25 days

Hear in the Thames Estuary we already have many wind turbines in the South part of the estuary with plans tp biuld them all over, with anling restrictions around them. They are vto be 400 feet tall in the North part of the estuary(the biggest ever biult) the sea bed will be destroyed in the construction of the plants, sea birds will lose valuable feeding areas and have to change there flying and roosting habbits.

The only good things is there will be no gill netting or trawling in the area, so at least the fisherman can get work taking contractors out to the sands.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Sam

I think you've got your maths wrong!. True in terms of actually generating electricity then nuclear is the cheapest but add in all the other factors such as design, commissioning and then de-commissioning then nuclear works out at the most expensive form of power generation we have. We have a nuclear reactor power station across the bay from us and plans for offshore wind farms in the Tees bay area. I know which one I want to see operating and it isnt nuclear.

Our local nuclear plant overran commissioning by years costing a fortune that taxpayers paid for, and now its nearing the end of its working life we as taxpayers have to pay a small countrys income to dispose of it. It wouldnt be so bad if the damn thing worked properly but over the years its been operating its output has been desperatly poor due to its many breakdowns.

Give me wind farms any day

The main problem that I have with the proposed wind farms in our area at Bradwell is that Npower are planning to biuld them on land rather than on the sand banks.(this planned for fucture) as its lots cheaper to biuld on land.

The problem with this is that local house prices are prodicted to plumet, therefore Npower are getting local house owners to pay the shortfall with the drop in the price of their houses.

I do see the advantages of wind power in an ideal world, and I do feel that givern time for technollergy to catch up they may become more viable.

Its a hard one with valid arguments on both sides.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Guest jay_con

Nucleur power concerns me greatly. If they are government run - well our government has a record of

******* up every thing it does. If they are privately owned that concerns me too. Nuclear materials in the hands of gready men. The whole thing really worries me. Id be more than happy to see our whole country covered in windfarms.

Wasnt here some big american power station that blew up in the not too ditant past? or am I misinformed.