Vital in ....

chris mc

I've did a search on tinternet ,and am still a little un sure how to use it???From Wat i can gather it's just a dry dog food witch you add boiling hot water to at the bank side then add Wat ever additives you would like to use???Is this correct?

Chris,

It makes agreat method mix mixed with hempseed, sweetcorn and CSL.

If you keep it on the dry side it can work well packed into in a cage feeder.

Carp love it!

Our chief weapon is surprise

I use a lot of Vitalin (the origonal) and Maize whilst fishing abroad.It is a very effective (and importantly when used in large ammounts) and cheap groundbait base.I prefer to mix it up the night before I use it as this gives time for it to soak up the liquid (can be warm water,CSL and water or best of all the water you have soaked/boilled your bait in,be it particles or boillies) and make a nice crumbly bait that binds together well for balling in but doesnt float and breaks up nicely to form a carpet on the bottom.I normally add plenty of pellets and a few handfulls of the intended hook bait. A good heavy mix ideal on big continental rivers or small carp pool.

NOTE-Vitalin make several dog foods.Most commonly used for Carp is Vitalin Origonal,the Vitalin Royale can be used its main difference being is that it has more small food pellets/biscuitsitems in it.It is also more expensive.Vitalin Sensitive is no good at all for ground bait as it is just a pelleted dried food.

Edited by BUDGIE

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Just would add that you can mix it on the bank without hot water. I usually put mine to soak as soon as I get to the swim, by the time I have set up the rods it has started to swell up and stiffen.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Just would add that you can mix it on the bank without hot water. I usually put mine to soak as soon as I get to the swim, by the time I have set up the rods it has started to swell up and stiffen.

Den

Im not saying you are wrong, it might be a personal thing but ive found it more effective when hot water is used and if you ball it up the night before you cam 'pult it out a lot further with the right catapult

welcome boilie-soaker

turn your caps off please sounds like your shouting

jimpy0 i see you have a mortfield link,how is that place doing had a ticket for it but sadly i had to let it go due to other commitments i ive got a lot of time for the folks on there...