Sacked!

Colin Payne

He has had no training what so ever

Ummmmmmmmm

I think that is slightly illegal

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Ummmmmmmmm

I think that is slightly illegal

Yes mate it is.............

"The essential qualification for a road transport manager is the Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC), which equates approximately to NVQ level 3. Every site operating a road transport business is required to have at least one person (usually a manager) with this qualification.

There are four types of certificate: National or International Road Haulage Operations and National or International Passenger Transport Operations. The training for these qualifications is offered at many centres throughout the UK. These can be found by using the Trainer Finder search facility on the Careers in Logistics website (see Further Information). Applicants for road transport manager positions will be expected to have the relevant certificate, although trainee managers may work towards it on the job."

Oh no talking to myself again................. :wallbash:

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Yes mate it is.............

"The essential qualification for a road transport manager is the Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC), which equates approximately to NVQ level 3. Every site operating a road transport business is required to have at least one person (usually a manager) with this qualification.

There are four types of certificate: National or International Road Haulage Operations and National or International Passenger Transport Operations. The training for these qualifications is offered at many centres throughout the UK. These can be found by using the Trainer Finder search facility on the Careers in Logistics website (see Further Information). Applicants for road transport manager positions will be expected to have the relevant certificate, although trainee managers may work towards it on the job."

Oh no talking to myself again................. :wallbash:

The higher management (owners) have the CPCs. He hasn't even been working towards it as far as I know. He has been doing this job for about a year now so I would have thought he would have to do something fairly soon.

In the mean time I've had an interview with another company and will be hearing today or tomorrow. Slightly better money and amazingly better coaches. Also looks to be very well organised as well. The driver who took me for a test drive has been there for 9 years and put me at ease straight away.

Heres hoping

Colin

I am dyslexic of Borg, refistance is sutile.............your ass will be laminated!

Guest sandpipper

Don't know about coach drivers, but I know lorry drivers are in short supply.

Hi jim this may have been the case last year but not this year, since the polish drivers have come here to work HGV drivers work and money has gone down hill big time, all the drivers are complaining and most are thinking of getting different jobs myself inclueded last year i took home about £550-£600 a week this year im on £375 before tax its just not worth it.

Now colin,

youve got some good advice so far, ive been where you are now, and all i done was i was given a bit of paper with my new hours on it not asked if it was ok to mess my home life up,and was told if i didnt like it to (f) off. I was supposed to sign it and give it back in, i wrote on it get (f)ed, I was sacked there and then having had no warnings before what saved me at the tribunal was swearing was an every day working talk, if you can afford it dont get another job straight away as this goes in your favour(strange i know) if you like i`ll pm you my phone number and tell you how mine went. Tony

SSsSShhhh i walked away with £5500 in my pocket,with no cost to me because i wasnt working.

Don't know about coach drivers, but I know lorry drivers are in short supply.

Hi jim this may have been the case last year but not this year, since the polish drivers have come here to work HGV drivers work and money has gone down hill big time, all the drivers are complaining and most are thinking of getting different jobs myself inclueded last year i took home about £550-£600 a week this year im on £375 before tax its just not worth it.

Now colin,

youve got some good advice so far, ive been where you are now, and all i done was i was given a bit of paper with my new hours on it not asked if it was ok to mess my home life up,and was told if i didnt like it to (f) off. I was supposed to sign it and give it back in, i wrote on it get (f)ed, I was sacked there and then having had no warnings before what saved me at the tribunal was swearing was an every day working talk, if you can afford it dont get another job straight away as this goes in your favour(strange i know) if you like i`ll pm you my phone number and tell you how mine went. Tony

SSsSShhhh i walked away with £5500 in my pocket,with no cost to me because i wasnt working.

Yeah the "work talk" thing was something a solicitor said was in my favour and like the lorry business swearing in the yard is the norm. Needless to say swearing in front of the punters is a no go and something I have never done. He advised me that without predjudice I can go to them and apologise and ask for my job back. I'm seeing them tomorrow although I'm not sure I really want to grovel and still be in the same situation. Not working is not an option unfortunately so if i get no joy I'll still be on the hunt but will pursue a claim anyway.

I am dyslexic of Borg, refistance is sutile.............your ass will be laminated!

• 3 months later...

Well it's a few months down the line and at last I've been made a reasonable compensation offer 2 weeks before the case goes to court. My solicitor has advised me to take it which I am going to do. It's not in the "thousands" but enough to satisfy me that they admit they cocked up. As I was only out of work for about 3 weeks it means I can't claim a mint but still it all helps. I've had a couple of fairly substandard jobs since but have just started with a guy who has just bought a newish (03) automatic, aircon, dvd player etc coach which is mine to use. There are 2 other guys with newish coaches who I knew from before so it's been easy to fit in.

What it all doesn't take in to account is the time taken to pay back stuff like rent owed whilst waiting for claims to be sorted (very understanding landlord) and the mental anguish suffered. Although now in the long run I think I'm getting pretty well sorted I had a lot of plans for this year holiday and car wise which were totally blown out of the water. It's amazing how a few weeks lost money can have such a knock on effect for months! Also having worked there for a while I was well settled into the job, ie the routes, customers etc, and of course lost a few good work mates. Strangely enough the majority of these have moved on to other and better jobs! Hmm that says a lot.

Anyway thanks for all the advice, it gave me a good heads up as to what to look for to help me along the way.

Cheers

Colin

Glad to hear that things are beginning to get better for you.

Well done and good luck for the future.

:thumbs:

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

Guest Brumagem Phil

Colin..............didnt follow the original story but caught up with it here. I HATE injustice and can see you got shat on badly here.........as an employee you will have inklings of other corners that were cut and I wouldnt think twice about making the necessary phone calls in a while when things have quietened down.

Similar thing happened to a mate of mine who drives a truck......didnt get sacked, just got dumped with all the crap jobs, crap hours etc etc. He took a different tack being quite well connected and had the guy 'slapped'. Obviously I dont advocate this action but sometimes its horses for courses.

Glad to hear its kinda worked out ok for you in the end though.

Glad to hear it worked out for you in the end. If it were me I'd wait for the cheque to clear and then write to the Department of Transport and drop them in it but I'd sign the letter with my address and then sit back and watch the fireworks whilst the DoT go through them like a dose of salts