How much do you pay for your maggots?

SPSwallow

Basicly because it tends to "clump" together and then takes some riddling to remove.Also even though it does soak up the amonia it doesnt "clean" the maggots as well as bran or saw dust.If stored in crumb the maggots also develop a sour smell. Ok as an emergency measure to dry up amonia but not the best option.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basicly because it tends to "clump" together and then takes some riddling to remove.Also even though it does soak up the amonia it doesnt "clean" the maggots as well as bran or saw dust.If stored in crumb the maggots also develop a sour smell. Ok as an emergency measure to dry up amonia but not the best option.

Thanks

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

I went to a day ticket fishery yesterday that has several trout lakes including a bait fishing lake. It also has a coarse fishery. I went to buy my ticket and asked if the had any maggots. I was directed to the fridge where there were some small plastic tubs containing an estimated 1/8th pint (probably less) of something that consisted of a few maggots and a few casters swimming about in ammonia flavoured liquid mud. These tubs were £1.80 each :o

My reasoning was at that point that maybe the fishery was the same standard as the bait so I got my ticket money back and left for another fishery 40 miles down the road where they sell a half pint of perfect plump maggots for £1.50 and where the whole experience is value for money.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

I changed my shop and went to lathams in Potter Heigham, perfect quality and cheaper, £2.68. I need to find some better rivers to fish though because I only ever get 4 in a session where I go. Although last time I caught my first rudd, nice and big too. Problem is all the best places you have to be in a boat to get to around Norfolk.