when should i start carp fishing again

domo

If you believe in tradition, 16th June :)

If not, whenever you like! Spring has sprung, and I reckon now's as good a time as any. Have a walk around your lakes and see what's going on.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

If you believe in tradition, 16th June :)

If not, whenever you like! Spring has sprung, and I reckon now's as good a time as any. Have a walk around your lakes and see what's going on.

Now mate, one of the waters I have been fishing over the past month has provided me with some nice carp up to 16lb. The week before I had 5 in a day. So gets your rods out mate.

On the water I fish there had been only about three fish out since november - but 9 fish came out this weekend and three more so far this week. Best was a 28lb 3oz common. So - as previously said - spring has sprung and they definitely seem to be 'avin it! Go for it mate, get your rods out! :D

Edited by cidermonkey

....Here's to swimming with bow-legged women....

Make sure you have a wonder round your local lakes first just to get a feel of them again. I think its got past the time now where we can blame the conditions like the cold winter and that, theres no excuses anymore!!! lol

Most hardened carp anglers would argue that carp fishing is an all round past time. For sure, carp can be caught all year round, even in the depths of winter. But, it's a damned sight harder to tempt them.

As I don't consider myself to be a hardened carper, I tend to wait until the weather gets a bit warmer, both for the fish and myself! :rolleyes:

I can't wait for the barmy days of summer spent on the bank with the bivvy set up behind me. Rods on the pod, baits set, alarms on ......................I'll stop now, I'm getting far too nostalgic. It's pitch black outside, very windy and the rain is lashing on the window! :headhurt: