Bream proof baits

Steve1

Guest Josh Iddon

Well anything a Bream can fit into its mouth a carp could too and more!, so I would just keep uping the size and amout of boilies until you stop catching as many bream.

It may be better to try changing tactics, rather than the bait itself.

For example, if you're getting plagued by bream, try fishing just outside where you've baited up. Big fish often hold back when a feeding frenzy starts - that's how they got to be big, by being a little cautious.

I don't know that you'll ever find a carp bait that bream won't take.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Hazels are pretty bream proof but if growlers are banned I suppose all nuts are?

One thing Ive used is to not attract shoals of bream in by putting loads of bait in.

If you are still getting lots of bream action try moving and fishing else where for carp.Still water bream tend to stick to the same patrol routes so avoiding them can help.Incidently Ive rarely found a good bream swim to be a good carp swim,no matter how much bait goes in.

But please if you do catch one by mistake treat it with a bit of respect and unhook it and return it safely.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I would just agree with Budgie. Try single hook baits or very little bait. As Elton suggested fishing a few foot off the bed of bait should help. If you have done your homework and located the carp before actually fishing then again that'll go in your favour.

Rob.

one of the waters i fish we get plagued wiv bream and tench....but the activity of these often brings in the carp.....i've been baiting heavy with hemp maples an pigeon conditioner wiv a few handfulls of chopped boilies in ther then fishing 4 maple peas on the hair balanced with a small cork ball yes i do get nuicence fish but i always know that the carp will follow and move in to see wot the activity is....and normally a big hit can be on the cards!!! also catching these fish proves your rigs are working pukka ect!!!

I think I emit some kind of bream-attracting pheramone. I've caught the snotty gits on every type of carp bait imaginable and on every rig ever devised.

Tigernuts, double 20mm baits, plastic baits, 24mm bottom baits, and whole, un-peeled prawns, to name but a few. Mind you, I've had them to 17lbs. while carping, and a double-figure bream has a big old gob on it. Then there's the tench.... :headhurt:

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

Strange that, I've been trying to find a carp proof bait, you can't get away from them, on some waters I've fished. They're not commercials either.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John