Close season perch in Yorkshire

seat172

Hi guys, anyone got any tips on where i might catch a decent sized perch in the Sheffield area during the close season? Years since i caught a big perch, not really fished for them though. Thought it was about time i put this right.

Can't fish the flowing rivers which are my first love, and don't want to fish the puddles for "standard" carp so perch it is. No finer looking big fish by the way in my opinion, and i include in that a 14lb 14oz sea trout caught by my goodself from the South Tyne.

So anyone able to give me any clues where to start the hunt.

Many Thanks

Nearest place I know to there is either the Wakefield AA lake which the M1 goes over near wakefiled. Or a samll club water near Ravensthorpe, Dewsbury way. Hard to get into BUT the fish in the water (Which is around Oh 1/2 an acre??) Has had fih to 4lb12oz out!! Mate of mine won the Drennan and his wife the same witha brace of fish weighing I think 3lb12oz and 4lb2oz!! THSOE were the days!! :)

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Guest Ferret1959

Just get on any river mate.

They seem to think it's open season on the rivers down here.

But I'll not dwell on the subject. :(

Nostel Priory, bottom lake but you'll have to work for them.

Don't mind having to work for em just need a few clues where to start, as i say still waters not really my thing these days so a bit out of touch with whats what in that reguard. Last time i caught a big one was out of the third lake at Wentworth but that was 25years ago and went 3lb 2oz. Tried the canal here in Sheffield but nothing worth talking of.

Even the long stick lads that match fish it with mini worms and smaller hooks, (pole merchants with blod worm and joker), have no reports of any accidentals during matches so i need to look else where.

Thanks for the help

I'm surprised no-one has disuaded Seat from catching Perch at this time of year. Apart from the fact they're breeding very shortly, they're being reaped to extinction by pikers for livebaits and banged on the head for the dinner table.

Strange how they're bigger now than they've ever been, they're healthier than ever and the population is complately self-sustaining, without human intervention. You wouldn't think so reading that other thread... <_<

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...