weights

Weights are something that carp anglers appear to pay a lot of attention to, usually trying to match the colour to the specific venue being fished.

Take a look at this review - http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/Tackle-And-Bai.../weighters.html - if I was making weights, I'd be trying to do something similar to that.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I use dull matt green ones but only for the simple reason I prefer the shape and this manufacturer does all theirs green. I personally wouldn't bother coating them, just leave them out in the rain so they are not bright and shiny.

Rob.

hi lads i am going to make some carp leads as i just bought a mould i was wondering wot colours are best. iam new to carp fishing i usely sea fish but after the worst season ever i am going to take up carp and course fishing.

awesom little tip is not to coat em but make a pot of tea then put it in a bucket with the tea bags still in then drop your freshly made leads in ther leave em for a week a then ave a look at em.....trust me you'll be impressed!!!! a mate of mine put me on to this a few years ago an i aint looked back since

awesom little tip is not to coat em but make a pot of tea then put it in a bucket with the tea bags still in then drop your freshly made leads in ther leave em for a week a then ave a look at em.....trust me you'll be impressed!!!! a mate of mine put me on to this a few years ago an i aint looked back since

Interesting method scoop, what colour do they turn out mate?

The reason I ask is that I have a fair assortment of uncoloured leads which I could do with colouring and wondered about the best colour.

Even though it can be argued that you cant see colour at night or in coloured water etc I must admit to prefering (I supose for that you should read "have more confidence in") leads etc to be inconspicuous.I decided a long time ago that black was anything but this! Not so worried about painting them set colours or coating them etc but I do like to take the shine off home made ones by soaking them in a vinigar solution.A bit like Scoops tea thing I suppose.Also like Rob the make of "ready made" leads I like come in a dull green.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I like the dark or light (depending on venue) sand blasted leads, the ones that hug the weed and blend into the surroundings.

Have even used the light coloured ones for light beach fishing.

Cheers

<º))))><.·´¯`·.ÐÅѸ.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

IPB Image