Wingham Fish-In

Steve Burke

This is just to confirm that the Wingham Fish-In will take place on Friday May 19th to Sunday May 21st.

However I won't be taking bookings (that'll be on a 1st come 1st served basis) for about 2 weeks. This is partly to be fair to those away on holiday over Easter. The other reason is that we're working particularly long hours to get everything ready this year. Quite apart from all the usual work around the lakes, there's a lot to do in the clubhouse. A new kitchen is being fitted, the whole place is being re-wired, and to cap it all we're having to put a new cess pit in! This means that I've very little time at present to spend on the computer to deal with bookings, let alone read the Forum.

However, to whet your appetite, the Carp Lake finally came to life last weekend after the coldest winter/early spring we've had in my 13 years at Wingham. Only 4 carp were caught: a 28 mirror, plus commons of 28, 31 & 35. The biggest fish was covered with leeches showing that it had been dormant for some time. Despite this it had put on 4lbs since July!

Being bigger and deeper, the Coarse Lake doesn't normally wake up until about 2/3 weeks later. So hopefully I'll have some good news soon.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds good Steve !

How many swims will be available on the cess pit ?

:D

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

Me and Budgie can't wait and looking forward to it to try have another crack at your monster Bream as long as we can find the way to avoid those nuisance 3 pounds Perch and 8 pounds Tench! :lol::P

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

hi Steve,

Pls include DavyR and me in those attending. dave would like to fish, and that weekend gives me the chance to say hello to my family as well.

I won't be fishing, although I'd like to, you allowed me to fish the lakes last summer and I'd rather like other people to have the opportunity of fishing the most beautiful waters I've ever been lucky enough to fish.

Thanks,

Alan

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Unfortunatlely I am in Cuba, but have a great time all of you who attend, it's a wonderful fishery.

At least we will be able to compare notes.

Tony U

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Unfortunatlely I am in Cuba, but have a great time all of you who attend, it's a wonderful fishery.

At least we will be able to compare notes.

Tony U

Jammy bugger Tony!! Wahay or should that be wahoo? :g:

Its a hard Life Kev, but someone has to do it.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.