Fresh Bait in Devon

Dan

Just drove past Bishops Court quarry in Exeter and a new bait supplier has opened in the industrial units selling lug, crab and wait for it .............. live sand eel ............. wha hay!! So the next question is whats the best way to transport them, wrapped in wet cloths/paper or in a tank? I'll have a 30 mile trip to make before I reach my fav spot!

dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

thats what i was thinking. maybe one of thos little aquarium style air pumps.

where do you go dan, lyme bay?

cheers dave.

Yeah Lyme bay, usually Lyme Regis where I can launch easily!!

Dan

im sure shakespeare do a battery powered air pump which would be perfect for the job attached to a decent size coolbox

:clap2: They do and my one also has a lead which fits into the cigar lighter of the car which saves the battery until you need it. Only used it once but it's sure useful. :clap2:

B)-->

QUOTE(Norm B @ Apr 13 2006, 11:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:clap2: They do and my one also has a lead which fits into the cigar lighter of the car which saves the battery until you need it. Only used it once but it's sure useful. :clap2:

I got the same, bought it off eBay for £1.50.

Never used it though cause nobody sells live eels around here, when I used to get them on the boat it had it's own airated tank.

(Remembers his lovelly boat :sad2: )

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Just drove past Bishops Court quarry in Exeter and a new bait supplier has opened in the industrial units selling lug, crab and wait for it .............. live sand eel ............. wha hay!! So the next question is whats the best way to transport them, wrapped in wet cloths/paper or in a tank? I'll have a 30 mile trip to make before I reach my fav spot!

dan

Hi Dan,

The Shakespeare aerators are very good but they do gobble up batteries. If you are going to keep them at home for more than a few hours then I would recommend a mini aquarium pump. You could probably pick one up for about a tenner.

While you are fishing, just change the water every little while. In the summer, its usually the heat that kills em off and I tend to have a freezer pack bobbing in the top when they are in the shed or in the car en-route.

Check out if your supplier does live prawns. They are much more robust than folks think and you can pennel them up and cast as long as you don't blast too hard. Fifty or sixty yards quite easily. They keep very well also although if you have too many in your bucket, they tend to fight and kill each other.

They are also much better in sandwiches than sandeels but thats just my personal preference.

Cheers

Andy

They are also much better in sandwiches than sandeels but thats just my personal preference.

HAVE to disagree with you there Andy :rolleyes:

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Cheers for the advice guys, ive got an aquarium pump for home, so a car adapter version in a cool box seems like the answer. Weathers not looking so good now, easterlies over the weekend :( :( :(

Dan